More advice needed on shipping to France

I received a reply from my buyer about mailing the package to France.

"I think you are right... better wait until all this is finished. Keep the pattern for the moment. They indeed announced yesterday that the post will be on reduced service from now on . There is a risk of loss......Thank you for your care.
We stay in touch."
My question is, that I don't feel I can just keep her payment without mailing, and I would need to mark on eBay that I had mailed it. Do I cancel and put it under "buyer changed mind" or "incorrect address"
I am going to tell her that I will refund her payment and keep the pattern and when she feels okay about the mail system and will make a special listing for her. I could be months!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Cancel with "buyer changed mind" and make a note this is COVID19 related, then ship at a later date. I have stopped shipping to France until further notice. I am also telling french Buyers that due to COVID19 and mail service issues, I am not willing to ship at this moment in time, and if they wish they can purchase the item(s) at a later date when regular service resumes.

France, Germany and Spain shoppers are quick to file INR's when an item is just a few days late, an impatient lot and "lost packages" are also an issue to these countries....Italy being the worst.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks Brett, I didn't want to do anything that would have a bad effect on her. I have blocked most International destinations for now, I'll take the block off when things calm down.

One thing I thought today when mailing a pattern to Australia, it might be better not to put it in an eBay marked envelope in case the country thinks that sending non-essential mail is not good at this time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply