More shopping cart woes.

As a seller I still have ongoing problems with combined shipping for items I ship to the U.S.  Now I am also having a problem with "paying" a U.S. seller.

I purchased two items from her and requested a combined invoice.  She sent it this morning but I was unable to pay.  This Error kept coming up.

The following critical errors have occurred.

Order Service temporarily unavailable or invalid parameters in the request URL.

I cannot access the Sales Record in my Purchases.  I can see it in the email that eBay sent to me requesting that I pay.  When I try to pay it from there I still receive the Error message.

Since I cannot see the seller's email address, nor can I request that she send it to me,  I cannot send payment through PayPal.  I sent a message to the seller explaining this to her and the only alternative I could think of to pay was to cancel the 2 orders, repurchase them, pay for them separately and have her refund the excess shipping charge.

The seller is obviously busy since it took 3 days to send me a combined invoice.  Sellers and buyers should not have to go through these hurdles, especially at this time of year.  Buyers will simply go to other sites or purchase only from their own country.  Sellers are becoming increasingly frustrated with a system that does not work.  What a mess!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

More shopping cart woes.

I went back to the email I received from eBay with the invoice and noticed that the seller's phone number was listed.  I called her to arrange a payment method.  After we hung up I tried to pay again on eBay and was finally able to complete the purchase.

All that trouble for an order totaled less than $20 USD.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

More shopping cart woes.

This is utterly unacceptable for a site like eBay.  I wonder if it's connected with the separation of eBay and Paypal?  I've never seen anything even remotely like this problem before. 

If you have the time, I'd bring this to Raphael's attention today (the Board Hour is open this week).  Anything that interferes with the ability of buyers to check out and pay smoothly affects both sellers and buyers -- and eBay for that matter, as you say. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

More shopping cart woes.

I was unable to be on the weekly board hour today unfortunately. 

One good thing I learned from this experience.  The seller I purchased from on eBay has a website where the prices are half what they are here.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply