More than what you think doesn't meet the buyers eyes eBay Hides Item Description

izzame
Community Member

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/6/1498271891.html

I use calculated shipping and get many emails: how much is shipping, I tell them and direct them to the tab. Isn't it easier to click the shipping tab and see than email and wait for response. My point, if they won't/can't /don't know to click shipping .... then what is this continuous nonsense . Oh, I know the eBay answer, to make it a better experience for buyer/seller ( pick what fits for the situation)

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

More than what you think doesn't meet the buyers eyes eBay Hides Item Description

Is it possible that the customer just doesn't see the (fairly small) shipping tab?

Especially on a tiny mobile screen?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If that was the case, shouldn't eBay be addressing that? I did talk to a CSR who did say that ebay is trying to make things "easier" for the buyer as they recognize, generally they want everything in front of them and less to read. Extremely lazy was used in the conversation by both of us. Hence some listings descriptions: "looks great" period.

Maybe great images ( which become ebays) and more of the day spent fielding emails for further info. I'm at a bit of a lose on this apparent turn of events. Back to figure it out and soldier on. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply