Forum Posts

150th birthday hours for Canada Post

Canada Post offices will be closed Monday, July 3. Postal outlets will vary. The one near me in Cambridge, Ontario is closed Saturday, July 1 and will be open Monday July 3 with reduced hours. -..-

Commit to buy not there for americans on .CA

Saturday, I had a buyer contacting me saying she tried to put the items in her cart and she got a message that I do not offer combined shipping, which she knows is not true. I suggested to empty her cart, go on eBay.ca and Commit to buy there. Even s...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

Volumetric Weight Comes to PayPal!

Some of you may be aware that I've had an issue with underpaid postage due to volumetric measure. I purchased an Expedited USA label on Snap Ship tonight. I abandoned Shippo after creating my account and realizing I would have to read through, likely...

PayPal Volumetric.jpg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

CPO Claims I Don't Live at My Address

I bought an item and the tracking shows that they tried to deliver to me but: "Recipient not located at address provided. Item being returned to sender." The seller responded to me once and the address she used appears to be mine and correct. After t...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

SALES FOR JUNE ARE ALMOST NONE EXISTENT!

How is everyone's sales for the month of June? This has been my worst June for sales l have experienced in my 12 year selling history on eBay! I expect this in July/August when kids are out of school and holidays start for many people. June has tradi...

Shipping USPS from Canada

Hello everyone Noob here.. I was wondering as im close to the border if it is possible without getting my account blocked/frozen or suspended if i am able to print labels for usps as of right now i dont know how i would make a shipping label unless i...

Shippo & Privacy Policy

Has anyone else had a look at Shippo's privacy policy? Worst I've ever seen. Basically if you sign up, you are giving up any right to privacy. Although Shippo says your personal information will be de-identified, you could drive a truck through the l...

The Canada Post / ebay / paypal shipping shell game

Some International numbersAll for a package going to Germany, 21x16x2 cm, 400g From worst to best choice (Rank 5) Over the counter:Light Packet - $24.57Small Packet (air) - $19.75Tracked packet - $52.66 (Rank 4) through the eBay link (currently handl...

Resolved! How USPS handles the mail-- posted from eBaydotCOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX16-52bHvg From 2014, and something of a puffpiece, but it does emphasize the necessity for careful packaging.Not because the shipment will get some rough handling, but because there is so darn much passing through th...

Active Content

After many hours of individually revising all my listings to remove active content and ensure that the link to my store worked, I decided to run the Bulk Scanner again. It showed about 75% of those listings still have active content. I spot-checked a...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

send to online auction???

what is the option "send to online auction"??? I thought that is exactly what it was when you list an item open from bidding???? I am confused.

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Conflict with Canada Post Solutions for Small Business discount and applying eBay shipping discount

I do all my shipping with the integrated Canada Post calculator in eBay.ca. Recently signed up for Canada Post Solutions for Small Business and currently qualify for "Level 1 Online" discounts. The conflict is that the discounts for Solution for Smal...

It seems that Canada is on the no shipping list.

I was doing some research and came across a listing from Australia and when I went to look at what the shipping was to Canada I couldn't find it. Canada made the exclusion list along with Italy and Russian Federation. That is kinda funny although I d...

Canada.jpg

Tax on top of already high fees...

You got to be ******* me. Whats next? Ebay isn't worth anymore unless you have products with very high markup. Add up all your time spent. You have to find and stock products, taking photos and uploading, writing descriptions, interacting with custom...

'Get Started With Shippo Today'

Got the invitation to try Shippo in my ebay Messages this morning. Went to the link and was immediately redirected to ebay.com which seems suspect for an ebay.ca application. Here is the interface. I predict I will experience a steep learning curve w...

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.40.26 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.50.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.51.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.52.09 AM.png
  • 26 replies
  • 1 helpful

A heads-up for stuff coming from China

If you are buying from China and you're finding that it's taking forever there are two reasons. 1-everything now goes to Winnipeg first, then sent out. I have been told that there are ~40 trailer loads waiting to be gone through. A friend of mine jus...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Strange message from PAYPAL

My friend in Canada was buying something from a reputable seller in Russia and PAYPAL was shown as one of their options to pay. She pressed it to pay and the message appeared: PAYPAL DOES NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FOR SHIPMENTS TO RUSSIA Strange because sh...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

I am so annoyed with e-bay

I am so annoyed with e-bay changing the rules that, bottom line, takes more of the users money with their new Canadian program and tax set up. Adding 13% percent to their fees makes the whole e-bay experience distasteful.I'm done. C'mon Amazon!!!!!

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer opened a NAD case before I even shipped!

Although sales have been quite good lately, I have met a lot of strange buyers too... situation: Buyer send an offer on 3 items. I accept. I send combined invoice, he pays and write me a kind message asking to please protect the magazines carefully. ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

RICARMICland = grumpyville today... :-(

WOW! Just as it is odd that sales go quiet for a while then there is a burst of them, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened over the years too, but this time it sets a new record... The most INR type situations on the go at the same time.... ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels