Any problems shipping to Israel?

I have an enquiry as to whether I ship to Israel, I currently have it blocked.  What has been your experience?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I have only ever had one order to Israel and unfortunately it did not arrive.  Buyer had good feedback, address was correct etc. I used Canada Post International Air Small Packet.  I gave it 6 weeks before I refunded the buyer.  In the back of your mind you always think you are being scammed but who know's at the end of the day.  The items that were purchased were WWF hasbro cardboard backs.  Not the figures but simply the cardboard packaging that the figures would have come on.  Hardly a desirable item in my opinion.  Buyer was polite and understanding and after the refund they left me positive feedback.  I have not had a request since from Israel however I would still ship again as I only have one example to go on and have chalked it up to some bad luck or the cost of doing business.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I have an enquiry as to whether I ship to Israel, I currently have it blocked.  What has been your experience?

Not much experience: only 1 purchase in 14 years, no problem.

Check this to see restrictions:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLetter=IL

-..-

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, I just wrote him back and said no.  There is such a small profit on CD's that losing the international shipping $ is more than the CD.  The CD is $7.00 and the shipping is $10.  I'm old and I don't need the stress to make a dollar or two. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

In the few times I've shipped there I've noticed that packages tend to get held at the post office for pickup. I've had one that didn't get picked up and returned and a couple where I messaged a buyer to let them know their package was waiting for pickup after it had sat for a few days. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

This is a great example of how our thinking can sometimes be influenced by the continual, generally not positive, messages we receive on these boards.

I was of a like mind, "Israel's often a problem" is what came to my mind especially for anything that goes through customs.

I had my update written and then just to be sure before I posted it, I went and checked my actual annual "self insurance" results:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Self-insurance-cookie-jar-RICARMICs-2016-statistics-added...

)

and lo and behold, in the last few years, I've lost only one package to Israel. Now I haven't sent a pile there, probably less than 25 in this time.

So my actual experience has not been nearly as bad as my "spider senses" told me......which have probably been influenced by how many times I've seen Israel issues mentioned here. (Keep in mind I'm a stamp guy selling on .COM)

Good thing I keep my own stats, they're a good reminder of my reality!

(and so far, I still ship everywhere)

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Given that philatelists, in my experience, are easier customers than most (they read! they follow instructions!) and you have lost one package out of 25, I think that would be enough problems to block the country.

I have most problems with US customers, but they also make up about 85% of my buyers.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Given that philatelists, in my experience, are easier customers than most (they read! they follow instructions!) and you have lost one package out of 25, I think that would be enough problems to block the country.

I have most problems with US customers, but they also make up about 85% of my buyers.

Yes certainly the stamp world is a lot safer than most.

I always have heebee jeebies whenever I ship to India or South Africa, yet just like Israel I've only ever lost one package to either country in the last 5 years.

Looking at it from another perspective, if you told me I could sell 25 items to Israel but it would cost me 4%* more to do that, especially given how slow things are going these last few weeks, I would JUMP at the opportunity!

(*this is on the assumption the value of the lost item was the same on average as the other 24 items sold)

Also for some odd reason I've always been committed to the "I will sell everywhere" concept. Certainly I've made adjustments based on problems, but my main point here was my perceived problems in my brain are much less severe in actual mathematical facts.....

Having said all this:

-I think it is worth noting that I think Music made a good call given their situation

-I think it is important not to let the weight of stuff one reads here over-ride one's own experience/experiments (one can learn a lot from what one reads here but everyone's situation is different, even though you and I are both in the stamp world, things that work for you might not for me and vice versa).

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Good point about negative posts affecting ones opinion as negativity is often contagious. Positivity is too but perhaps not quite as contagious.

I have send just 5 or 6 items to Israel and some of them were $100 items.  I'm not 100%  positive but I think that I did have 1 inr from there but it was for a less expensive item.   I should keep better track of these things.

🙂

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Off-topic, but congratulations to ricarmic for 12000 feedback!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Congrats ric!  🙂

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I get one or two a year and never had a problem

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:
Off-topic, but congratulations to ricarmic for 12000 feedback!

THX!!!! As you all know it represents a lot of work......

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Congratulations on 12001 now.  It is so hard in this day and age when only about 50% leave feedback.  You probably would be close to 20000 if everyone left FB.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

3 items in 4 yrs.  all got there quickly.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply