Forum Posts

A heads-up for stuff coming from China

If you are buying from China and you're finding that it's taking forever there are two reasons. 1-everything now goes to Winnipeg first, then sent out. I have been told that there are ~40 trailer loads waiting to be gone through. A friend of mine jus...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Strange message from PAYPAL

My friend in Canada was buying something from a reputable seller in Russia and PAYPAL was shown as one of their options to pay. She pressed it to pay and the message appeared: PAYPAL DOES NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FOR SHIPMENTS TO RUSSIA Strange because sh...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

I am so annoyed with e-bay

I am so annoyed with e-bay changing the rules that, bottom line, takes more of the users money with their new Canadian program and tax set up. Adding 13% percent to their fees makes the whole e-bay experience distasteful.I'm done. C'mon Amazon!!!!!

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer opened a NAD case before I even shipped!

Although sales have been quite good lately, I have met a lot of strange buyers too... situation: Buyer send an offer on 3 items. I accept. I send combined invoice, he pays and write me a kind message asking to please protect the magazines carefully. ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

RICARMICland = grumpyville today... :-(

WOW! Just as it is odd that sales go quiet for a while then there is a burst of them, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened over the years too, but this time it sets a new record... The most INR type situations on the go at the same time.... ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Pay Pal

I received payment from a Buyer yesterday and received notice from PP that it was okay to ship.I printed it off and left Feed Back for the sale. I checked it in PP before and there was a refund for the item that was supposed to have been issued by me...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

GST and PST Information for New Sellers

I urge all sellers and would be sellers (located in Ontario) to invest the time to review the Retail Sales Tax Act of Ontario: http://www.trd.fin.gov.on.ca/userfiles/HTML/cma_3_2491_1.html Sellers (and would be sellers) residing in other provinces sh...

This is how bad Canada Post is......................

Shipped a postcard First Class Mail London Ontario to Oregon on Dec 15th. It finally came back to me yesterday as "return to sender, unclaimed, unable to forward". This is 2 months after shipment! Needless to say, I refunded the buyer a long time ago...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Re Sending Combined Invoice

I had a buyer who I sent an Invoice earlier today and he claims he never received it for 2 Auctions. How I can I resend the invoice to him again, this is a first for me and I know it is some thing stupid that I can't figure out. It has been a bad day...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Bank transfers?

A buyer is asking me if I can accept a bank transfer. Told her that she can pay with her bank account through PayPal. She says she has a problem with her account without getting into details and asks why I would not accept a bank transfer. To be hone...

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Auction vs Fixed Price Promotions

First Ebay thanks for the three consecutive 500 auction, free insertion fee promos. BUT these really do not work for me and what I could really use is 500 fixed price BIN promotion. Have not seen one in over 2 months. The last two times I actually tr...

• 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

How to charge 3 different shipping rate?

Hi,When I post I have no choice but charge the same amount for shipping to US and Internationally though it cost me 3$ less to ship to the US.So I have to over charge US by $3 and make it unlikely to sell in or undercharge the international by $3 whi...

No message for eBay invoice

I never received eBay's message telling me my monthly invoice for June was ready to view... not here and not in my personal mailbox (I get billed on the 15). Anyone else having the same issue?

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Forced To Sign In To .CA To Submit Listing

I've had this issue before now it's happening again.When I try list something new or relist an item on .com it's forcing me to sign in to .ca in order to submit the listing. It doesn't happen with my store account, it happens with this account that i...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

How To Nudge Buyer To Pay

Besides an auction item, how does one buy something and not pay right away? Is it the "commit to buy" option that allows you to do that? I've never used it so I don't know.I'm asking because I have someone who bought something about 3 days ago and I'...

Resolved! paypal shipping

So I linked my Canada post account to paypal and now I can't access light packet. In fact I can't print any labels. Paypal cs says I have to talk to canada post. Been trying all day and I keep getting the message that it is unavailable of course not ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay late shipment defect makes me want to punch a wall.

I sell $5000-$10000 per month on eBay, operating four separate accounts. My inventory is mostly small items shipping via Canada Post oversize lettermail. My packages ship same or next day religiously. I pride myself that I am able to achieve this eac...

buyer from uruguay

Hi all...I received a best offer from an ebay user in Uruguay, and they want me to ship my item to Quebec Canada. How could he even do a best offer on my listing when I don't ship there? Any help would be most appreciated.

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Promotion Needed 30 days fixed price BIN Please

Really could use this ebay, been over 2 months and usually get one each month. Just lost 250 auction listings and going to lose more. Maybe this is part of your grand plan to continue to lose money? Thank goodness this is just a hobby business for me...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is there a tool to tell how many...

listings you have on eBay.ca and eBay.com separately and by type like auction, BIN 30 day, GTC? like eBay.com: 970 GTC, 200 30 day, 50 auctions?eBay.ca: 710 GTC...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels