Multi-province sales tax

Hello

I have set up my tax table, but when I create a new listing or edit my existing one, the tax section in the pricing section shows a drop down for single/individual provinces only, and I can't choose more than one province. I can't find a way to associate the tax table to the listing, I've been spinning my wheels for an hour and it's driving me crazy now.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Multi-province sales tax

You've set up your tax table in your site preferences?

https://www.ebay.ca/uas/sales-tax

Once that's done, when you are doing a listing, go to customize at the top right of the listing form and make sure that charge applicable sales tax is checked off.

You do know that you only charge for tax if you have a gst/hst number right?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Try this link:

Once you set up the tax table you don't need to "associate" it with your listings as that is automatic.

One thing that might be causing the issue is if you are trying to access the tax table via the ""old" My eBay instead of the Seller Hub.

In the last few days I've noticed that attempting to access the old version of site setting via the old My eBay is full of issues because it is being deprecated and portions are already converted to the new system that matches the Seller Hub format.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the help. I was just concerned, as this is what I see when I view the listing in Incognito mode, didn't see any mention about tax when I put in a postal code. It only did if I chose my province in the listing's drop downs, but then in that dropdown only one province was able to be chosen.

I'll have to mention that there's tax in the listing, then (yes I have HST/GST#).

listing.png

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Try this link:

Once you set up the tax table you don't need to "associate" it with your listings as that is automatic.

That doesn't sound right. I don't think that just setting up the tax table itself transfers it to the seller's listings.  They still have to to check off to charge applicable tax on the listing form but they should only have to check that off once on each site, not for every listing.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@thelardpraiser 

Buyers only see that you charge tax when they click on the shipping/payment tab in the listing. But right now you don't appear to have tax on your listings. When I clicked on buy it now on the one listing, tax does not come up.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I see this on both of your current listings......

recped_0-1625074277968.png

There is a problem with your shipping on the CPU listing, the calculator doesn't work for the US. The cause is probably that the dimensions you entered are below the minimum for the service you have selected. The error message is misleading because I am using a valid "postal code (zip code)".

recped_1-1625074555737.png

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

I am also having this problem. I've tried setting up my tax table (yes im register to collect tax) and I've set all the correct rates and clicked save but when I try applying it to my listings there is no check box for applying the tax table. I've called eBay numerous times and they always say they will fix it and call me back in several days however after multiple weeks I've heard nothing back and it still isn't working. I'm planning to call again next week in hopes of getting it fixed. I'm just curious if anyone else has a possible solution. I do have the box checked in the customize option for sales tax. I've also tried going through the checkout process on a family member's account and the tax is not applied at any point during the checkout stage. 

Thanks!

Jason

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Are you using the simple selling form or the advanced to create your listings?

Simple form excludes some options that advanced has? Maybe tax table is one of the missing ones.

PS if you used the simple form I don't think you can revise with the advanced form. You may have to end and create a new listing. Please wait for confirmation from others sellers before doing this. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

Thank you for the reply!

I tried looking for the advanced form however I was unable to find it. I am using my pc so it already has some of the more advanced options compared to the app so it might already be the advanced form. Also When I Click on the "i" beside where it says sales tax it says "Charge sales tax for a single state or region, or set up a sales tax table for multiple states or regions." which sounds like the tax table box should be there Below is a photo of the area that it should be but it is missing. I've seen photos of the box on other photos I've seen when looking it up online. Capture.jpgThanks!

Jason

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@nubsselect 

On the top right of that listing form there is a 'customize' link and when you click on that a box opens. Do you have the apply tax checked off in that box under selling details? 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

Nope, It Is All Enabled.

I'm About to Call Them Again Shortly But I Doubt It Will Help. I Have Lots Of Stuff I Need To List But I Don't Want To List Anything Until I Can Figure This Out.

Thanks!

Jason

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

I just called eBay and they said it is a widely reported problem. And apparently, my last ticket to the tech team didn't go through and so they have resubmitted it. hopefully, it will be fixed soon they said it should be fixed in 24-48 Hours but most likely ill need to call them back after 48 hours when most likely it won't be fixed

Thanks!

Jason

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Did you try clearing your computer temp files and your browser cache and cookies? What browser are you using? Did you try another browser?

The above sometimes works but rarely. You may have older eBay code or corrupt code in your computer.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

I Just Tried It On A Separate Browser (Google and Edge) And I Have Tried It On Multiple Computers. And It Still Doesn't Work. I Ill Likely Be calling them tomorrow again. 

Thanks!

Jason

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Soooo I made a sale in Canada, following what was said here, and it DID NOT charge them sales tax. Based on the others here, there must be a bug where it's not letting you choose multiple provinces, which is a step that must be completed by the seller. Nothing is automatic.

So I'll have to pay the gov the gst that ebay didn't charge the buyer. I'm not about to pester the buyer about it.

To be clear, I'm not blaming anyone here in this thread. Just ebay.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Hi!

Yeah, I Contacted them. again just several days ago and they said "It Has Been Marked as Fixed" But it still isn't working for me so a new ticket was opened again for the 3rd time now 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same issues. We have called Ebay numerous times to solve this and they have keep saying "within 24 hours". Ebay needs to get this problem fixed asap, I was forced to use Inkfrog in order to add the tax table to my listing and what seems strange is that a thrid party software can detect the tax table and Ebay can't fix this issue. Very bad customer service.

Please let me know if they find a solution to this error.

Cheers

Message 18 of 18
latest reply