Multiple payments in one transaction with Paypal micropayments account

Hi I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to through Google so I came here. I have a Paypal micropayments account that I use regularly and am familiar with. I intend to list multiple hockey cards each with a price of $5 or less under the micropayment account.

My question is what happens if for instance one person were to buy  4 or more cards totalling over the micropayment limit of $12 or whatever the limit is and pay in one transaction? Would I get dinged for a $20 transaction through my micropayment account or would it charge me as each individual sale?

Thanks in advance !!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't use micropayments but the way that I understand it, if the total transaction is $20 and you have a micropayments account, your fee for a Canadian or US buyer would be $1.05 ($20 x 5% + .05)

If you didn't have a micropayment account your fee for a Canadian buyer would be .88 ($20 x 2.9% +.30) and $1.04 for a US buyer ($20x3.7% + .30)

The limit of $12 isn't a limit as far as I know. I think that they are suggesting that if most of your transactions are $12 or less, the micropayment account will benefit you....that's the 'break even' point.  If you go to the link provided and keep scrolling down to the micropayment fees, it looks like they charge the same for Canada and US buyers so if the majority of your transactions are under that, that could be a benefit too.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The limit of $12 isn't a limit as far as I know.

You are correct, it is not a limit, $12 is the break even point, PayPal will be more than happy to process at MicroPayments rates for sales over $12.

Also keep in mind, don't make any long term plans based on using Micropayments, you will be inducted into Managed Payments at some point in the coming months and Micropayments will no longer be an option.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply