My Item Does Not Show Up In Ending Soonest Search

Hoping someone can help here. I'm new to selling on Ebay so not 100% sure how all this works. 

I have an item that is listed as a Buy It Now that has spent its 30 days listed and is ending soon. 

However, when I go to search for my item on Ebay within the "ending soonest" filter, my item is no where to be found. Is there a reason for this? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There are about 25 million sellers on eBay, to put this into perspective.
And 91,000+ Star Trek items.
  Your Star Trek The Next Generation-1st Series!! DC Comics 1988 shows as #2 on the Ending Soonest list I got in Search.

Your low FB rating does not help your position in Search. The most popular Search is the default Best Match, and there your low FB, small number of sales, small number of listings  all work against you in the algorithm.
 I suspect (knowing little about comics but something about collectors) that the "mixed grades/condition" may not help.
However, as we do not have much feedback yet, Ebay has requested that we enable the "require payments at time of purchase" option to avoid items being removed due to fraud on buyer accounts.
Oh dear. Lose this. Bay buyers don't care and good buyers will backbutton.

Enable Immediate Payment Required, but don't explain yourself.
If you wish to purchase multiple items and take advantage of the combined shipping rates, send us a message with the issues you would like and we will remove that requirement in order to create a proper invoice for you.
Change this to something like" We can combine shipping if you use the Shopping Cart." KISS.
If you wish to have lower shipping rates using economy or standard shipping please send us a message and we will gladly adjust that for you, but please note this will change the estimated arrival date. 
No.
You can offer more than one shipping rate in Shipping . This is too complicated.

Have you considered offering Free Shipping?
DON'T PANIC!
Free shipping means you have included your cost of shipping in your asking price.
Which is cheaper?
A $15 item with $20 shipping or  a $20 item with $15 shipping or a $35 item with FREE SHIPPING?
I understand why you want to use Tracked Shipping in your category, but consider moving to simple LetterPost.
Buyers hate to pay any shipping, no matter how precise your charge is.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I see it as first or second on the list depending on the search words I use although to be honest, I didn't get that result the very first time I looked.  Search in general does seem to be out to lunch in some cases.

This isn't related to search but how are you figuring out your shipping costs?  It looks as if you are using calculated shippping but $26 for one comic from Sudbury to Central Alberta seems expensive.  For comics below a certain dollar value I would probably use lettermail within Canada and small parcel air USA to the USA.  There is a risk using both methods though so you may not want to go that route.  Some categories do have a higher item not received rate and its possible that comics is one of those categories.

If you really do want to send the items with tracking,makes sure that your weights and dimensions are accurate so that the shipping doesn't seem as high.  Also, if you want to use tracking for the US, you would be better off using tracked packet as it is less expensive than Expediated US.  Small packet US is even less expesnive but it doesn't have tracking however, small packets are often scanned in the US so if someone files an item not received claim, you can enter the URL number on the label and see if there have been scans to prove delivery confirmation.  That means though that you must keep a record of that 'tracking' number so that you can enter it later on.  I usually print 2 copies of small packet labels so that I can keep one.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply