NEW 100K PROMO FREE LISTING IN CAD!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Not so great for those who list in USD. If Im correct, listing in USD is permitted and still part of listing on Ebay.ca . Nice to be discriminated.

I don't think this is an answer for those who are considering a move to .com. Sorta gives me that you're not welcome feeling.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@wkndshop wrote:

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/0322/ListForFree.html

An extension of the previous 100k offer.  Nice to see it continue. Only need to do 106 listings per hour 24/7.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would guess the promotion is to encourage listing in Canadian dollars-- for those who  have not yet made the switch or who may not have heard about it yet.

We can continue to list new items in USD for another month and our existing USD listings will be 'allowed' to stay /grandfathered until August.

EBay just isn't encouraging us to do so.

Most of my Flat Rate and Free Shipping items (which can be shipped by LetterPost /Light Packet) are moving to dotCOM.

The bulkier items are staying here and will be changed to CDN dollars either one by one or in bulk once the promised Bulk Relister has the bugs worked out .

Probably the former.

To my mind, the reason for staying or going will depend on shipping. If you sell something that is heavier than 500 grams or thicker than 2 cm, you need the Calculated Shipping that eBay Canada offers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Does anyone else wonder why a promo that started on March 22 is only showing up now on May 9th????  Gotta love that ebay logic!!!!   Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Does anyone else wonder why a promo that started on March 22 is only showing up now on May 9th???? 

Because it was an extension of the March 22 promo that ended May 9th (at midnight Eastern time). Same promo, just needed to be reactivated.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply