Forum Posts

Province of origin ????????

I just printed out a PayPal label for the USA. I have not sold anything for a few weeks. The process usually requires that I state the country of origin. This is a 65 year old piece of electrical equipment made in Canada so I enter Canada and out pop...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal and Free Return Shipping

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/paypal-canada-to-offer-free-returns-to-ease-reluctant-online-shoppers/article29933755/ What neither Paypal nor the reporter seems to have noticed is that the companies offering free return shipping to...

new shipping label , buy signature but no X

So ever since this update when I buy Paypal labels the past 2 times I purchase signature . But there is no X in the box on the new one . I tried one time Friday and now today . I do not understand if they don't put an X anymore or it is just messed u...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

How can buyer cancel a case he opened with PayPal

I sold a 150$ printer 3 weeks ago and 3 days ago the buyer created a case with PayPal because he forgot what this transaction was about and wanted his money back. I contacted the buyer to remind him what the transaction was about. I replied apologizi...

Cross Promote your other listings??

Would anyone know if you can still Cross Promote your other items when a buyer views what they are buying from you....I thought we could do this or without the link sellers other items??? I remember they your other listings used to show up on the bot...

I printed labels today

That was an adventure. At least I knew what to expect after Friday's discussions. Of course, now all the pop-ups are in a different order. At least it all worked. All is good.

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shortened Title on mobile phone search

I know we have discussed the appearance of our listings when viewed on a mobile phone but I don't know if we have discussed how the Title gets cut short. Maybe I missed it. I had an email from someone re one of my listings who asked what was the weig...

• 4 replies
  • 2 helpful

sell new item?

After the new format change there is no way to list a new item, only relist and sell similar. The "sell" which used to be for new items now takes you back to the old page format instead. We looked for hours and there is no obvious way to list a new i...

Ebay is responsible for low sales to sellers due to their policies.

What I mean by the title is that ebay requires a tracking number for verification that your have shipped the item, regardless of any other proof available. In my case, I shipped out an item, the buyer received the item and left me a positive feedback...

That's it! No more selling for me on eBay

Well, I've just sold my last item on eBay....Vintage Dinky Toy airplane : Sold for $5.34 CDN to International buyer Shipping: $9.40 CDN Final Value Fees (eBay): $3.42 CDN PayPal fees: .89 CDN .....which means that I made a grand total of one dollar a...

• 53 replies
  • 2 helpful

What The **** Has ebay done now !!!!

I just have to RANT .......MY ebay has totally changed !!!!!!! 100's of my unsold items are gone. I've been selling here since 1999 This is the final straw for me When the rest of my listings end I am DONE

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Home page on the fritz again

Once again I log on to my home page and I am looking at a home page that is foreign to me. Basically its all there but it functions differently. I am not interested in having to learn a new page. Anyone else going through this. This happened to me a ...

Interesting article on the usefulness of user reviews

Available here as commentary on a research paper which unfortunately is not publically accessible. The results mirror what I have seen working for a large ecommerce retailer. I'd routinely see products with 5 star ratings and many user reviews, yet I...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Dashboard Errors

It's been a little while since I've checked my dashboard but I noticed two discrepancies this morning. First, it showed that I had one return. I haven't had a return in at least three years, so I clicked on "See All Returns" and saw the message "You ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Geez... Fix the site issues!

Today's flavor is: "The following critical errors have occurredERROR - UNABLE_TO_GET_DATA_FROM_SERVICE" I'm attempting to print an invoice to include with shipment via 'View order details'. Maybe eBay should force another fee increase so they can aff...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customer Service line is down?

Received a request for return Monday, approved it, buyer is returning item. Today eBay sends me a message stating I need to respond by tomorrow? I did all ready by agreeing to the return....message states that if I don't take care of it they will dec...

Unpaid item question

After 4 days, if I have not received payment, or had any contact with the buyer, am I allowed to sell the item to the next highest bidder? Or do I have to go through the Resolution Centre and give them an additional 4 days to pay?

Should Feedback Be Searchable?

This first appeared on ecommerce a few days ago and I've been thinking about it since. Has anyone here seen evidence of this on their travels around ebay? I have not. I do, however, wonder at the point of it. Why make feedback searchable if the buyer...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels