NEW PROMO: 50% off FVF on 5 listings

I woke up this morning to a message in my eBay inbox informing me that I was eligible for this new promo: "Get 50% off final value fees on five listings." All the details are here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0831/50off5.html

I don't imagine the larger sellers will have much of an interest in this one due to its small scope, but for a seller like me who only sells the occasional unwanted items from personal collections it's a decent little promo. I had already planned on working on a few listings this weekend, so I guess it's time to get started!

Have a good weekend, everybody! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@thestuffofchris wrote:

I woke up this morning to a message in my eBay inbox informing me that I was eligible for this new promo: "Get 50% off final value fees on five listings." All the details are here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0831/50off5.html

I don't imagine the larger sellers will have much of an interest in this one due to its small scope, but for a seller like me who only sells the occasional unwanted items from personal collections it's a decent little promo. I had already planned on working on a few listings this weekend, so I guess it's time to get started!

Have a good weekend, everybody! Smiley Happy

Strange date code in the link you provided. The 0831 would imply August 31, 2015. Most promo links have the date in them that is easily recognized.

When I click on the above link, the terms page has no date, just times.

Very strange looking promo.

Activate did not work for me, said I was not invited.

Did activate work for you and confirm and show on your ebay Promotions page?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

This was one of my site issues this morning http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Anyone-Else-Feeling-Buggy-This-Morning/m-p/318962#M51669 and it's the first screenshot.

That promo came and went earlier this month. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I found that strange, too. I was able to activate it, though, with no issues. It shows up on my Promotions page just like any other offer, with the end as "18/11/15 23:59:59 EST".

I looked through all my past eBay messages and saw no other offers from around August 31, so maybe it was an offer planned to start around then but was moved a few months and the link was never updated? I know eBay is well known for having contradictory text within its promo details, so perhaps that's what it is.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

If I remember correctly, the earlier promo was NO FVF on 5 listings, while this one is 50% OFF FVF on 5 listings. I remember it because I activated that one but never used it.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Mine was here: 

SELL FOR FREE - Create 5 listings before the promo ends!
SPECIAL: Sell for FREE - Up to 5 items when listing created by October 31, 2015. Learn More
Start: 16/10/15 06:38:43 EDT
End: 31/10/15 23:59:59 EDT
Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca
5 / 0Expired 

Maybe they sent it around again to people who weren't able to use it the first time. If so, that's good news. I'm glad it worked for you. 

Oh! I see it is a different one now. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Here is a screenshot of the eBay message. (First time posting a screenshot, so hope this works.)

ebay.png

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Mine was here: 

SELL FOR FREE - Create 5 listings before the promo ends!
SPECIAL: Sell for FREE - Up to 5 items when listing created by October 31, 2015. Learn More
Start: 16/10/15 06:38:43 EDT
End: 31/10/15 23:59:59 EDT
Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca
5 / 0Expired 

Maybe they sent it around again to people who weren't able to use it the first time. If so, that's good news. I'm glad it worked for you. 

Oh! I see it is a different one now. 

I got the 5 free you posted above and got one free sale so far.

The OP promo was for 50% off Fees so not the same as you noted.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

The screenshot worked, good job.

It's a different promo entirely from the one I thought of earlier and also the one I thought was part of my site issues this morning. 

Apparently, I'm the one having issues now. (Palm to forehead.) Ignore me!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

No worries! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

This is me now. 

Please stand by.jpg

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I'll leave quietly. 

(Knocking over umbrella stand and coat tree on the way out the door.)

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

Here is a screenshot of the eBay message. (First time posting a screenshot, so hope this works.)

ebay.png

This looks like a promo targeted for new sellers with low feedback. It may have been created on 08/31, August 31, and is sent out to select new sellers as an incentive since then.

I tried the link and activate from a couple of other eBay ids I have with feedback under 10 and did not work.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

That's what I was thinking, that perhaps it is geared towards the smaller/occasional sellers.

I didn't consider that it could be an older promo that is sent out here and there, but that would explain why the promo details page has no dates listed and is just 5 days from the date of activation.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for your quick replies with thoughts and observations to help get some sort of idea what the promo is and how/when it is sent out.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

No worries! Thanks for your input, as well. It has been just as beneficial.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Nice promo for new/occasional sellers 😃

I'm sure TRS won't get it. I didn't Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 17
latest reply