NO option for light packet to the USA on Paypal label????

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am HOPING this is a one off/glitch but for the first time in 15 years of printing labels off of Paypal, the drop down bar did NOT offer light packet as an option - it was totally missing.

I plugged in the dimensions (25"x10"x2"  -- 70 grams) as I have a million times before, but was only offered XpressPost, Expedited, Small Packet Air & Surface to the US - the light packet option would not appear!!

Not about to pay the 0-250g Small Packet rate for some flat fingernail dangles, so I am forced to send these out manually with a whack load of stamps and green customs sticker -- but the point is WHY has Canada Post taken this option away?????  I know it has never been offered when printing labels off the CP website directly (which is fine) but Ebay linked Paypal has always had this.

Anyone else experienced this??? I actually hope not and this is just a one off glitch with me - what a not great thing to happen!!!

Rant is now over!

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

I printed a light packet USA label about an hour ago and I just checked now and that option is still available.  You wrote that the depth was 2 inches...did you mean cm?  If it was 2 inches it wouldnt show light packet as it would be too big.

Message 2 of 63
latest reply

Hello Canada post website is down .I cant print any labels yesterday and today

Message 3 of 63
latest reply

I printed several postage labels through both CPC EST and Paypal Shipping yesterday over the span of about four hours between noon and 4 pm CST. I had no trouble save the one with international destinations with an absent phone number which is a bug/glitch/development identified in other threads. 

Message 4 of 63
latest reply

None however were of a size suitable for Light Packet. When I look now, I see Light Packet is available as a service via Paypal Shipping both on the 'new' and 'classic' views. 

Message 5 of 63
latest reply

You have to put in metric dimensions for Canada!

Message 6 of 63
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone who responded --- perhaps I did put in inches rather than cm by accident ???Cat Embarassed (blushing cat smiley)

This could be it , so sorry for the confusion and I appreciate you listening to my silly vent!!!!

I was just paranoid that CP was changing things up as they have with that phone number thing -- I thought they were tinkering around again!!!!!

many thanks, sending cheers!!

Message 7 of 63
latest reply

At the Canada Post Offices it is 2 CM or less Not less then 2 CM. You do not have the option to enter 19 mm  or 18 mm etc Only 1 or 2 CM. 

Message 8 of 63
latest reply

option I think officially gone today - called paypal to complain - they had no idea

Message 9 of 63
latest reply

@missingpisces wrote:

option I think officially gone today - called paypal to complain - they had no idea

You may want to read all of the other threads on this page, it is currently a bug that ebay is coordinating a fix for.

Message 10 of 63
latest reply

yep according to Ebay and their new partner shippo...it gone...so they admit it is the most popular and a discount to the end of the year on the small packet option to make the fee closer to the light packet...BUT first I have to change the shipping on 2800 listings to charge the poor USA buyer who's rate just went from $6 to $8 now will be $10 at the first of the year...so the buyer who buys a $4 product now will not pay $10 shipping so theirs goes half my business.....Every year it's is something new to redue all listings or change this or that after 4 years it is just to much BS not worth the effort....Oh Canada Post is not removing Light Packet so I think we can still do it the old way..or at least the Canada Post Clerk hadn't heard it was being discontinued.  Sorry for ranting I put a lot of nights and weekends into this and for what?

Message 12 of 63
latest reply

Light Packet isn't being discontinued. You can still buy it at the counter.
Message 13 of 63
latest reply

I thought so but it takes time to process 10 or more and it was just so easy to do at home and drop off
Message 14 of 63
latest reply

I ship quite a few items by light packet also. And you are absolutely right it is a major inconvenience to have to buy it at the counter and possibly wait in line ups when before you could do it all at home and just drop at the counter or in any box!

I still have some old small packet form (which is also used for light packet) that I got at the PO a number of years ago before I started printing them all off on Paypal. You can still then fill most of it out at home but still have to wait to pay for at the counter. I hope the labels are still good. Have not tried to use one in awhile. Will see after tomorrow.

Message 15 of 63
latest reply

I picked up some CN22 forms at a local postal outlet the other day - they are the same as was using years ago before they could be printed online...still have "Small Packet" printed on them but are used for both Light Packet & Small Packet.

Message 16 of 63
latest reply

Its still available if you print from paypal but if you go through ebay then it doesn't exist because shippo doesn't offer it and CP has agreed to comply. You apparently can get the same rate on small packet until the end of the year then its gone

Message 17 of 63
latest reply

Light packet is no longer available on Paypal.

Message 18 of 63
latest reply

@sheepgal54 wrote:

Its still available if you print from paypal but if you go through ebay then it doesn't exist because shippo doesn't offer it and CP has agreed to comply. You apparently can get the same rate on small packet until the end of the year then its gone

Last time I tried PayPal, Light Packet was not there anymore sadly.

As for the rate for Shippo, the discount on Small Packets doesn't even compare with Light Packet (it's a difference of $1 for each package for me), except if you are in Tier 2 and above.

Message 19 of 63
latest reply

Yep back to doing it manually and tying up the line at your local post office. All these changes to make our ebay selling experience better don't you know.
Message 20 of 63
latest reply