NetParcel - HOW TO USE IT TO GET THOSE SAVINGS??

I have tried several combinations recently in the NetParcel official shipping calculator

and every single parcel has been more expensive than my CP/paypal shipping label

and  tiny small business discount.

What am I doing wrong? I have seen people state they got a price of $10 for something

I get a quote of $18.  

My niche online is LP records - so standard weight I'll post here is 500grams (1lb) and

12"x12"x1"  (or 33cmx33cmx5cm)    -  I get way high price compared to CP.

Any help would be appreciated.  I see "MAXIMUS7x"  speaking up about NetParcel like a champ

but I can't get their results.  
Some basic break down of how to do this is needed .  Already a confused method they have set up with ambiguous terms and possibly hidden fees.!!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It is location based but more severe than Canada Post sometimes. Residential vs a business makes quite a difference too. Remote rural locations vs city makes a big difference. If its down some bumpkin backroad then it will be more. Like remote NL or remote Vancouver Island  is for Canada Post.

We sell the same item all the time and it is 1 LB 9" x 7" x 2" worth $50

UPS ground only. Non residential can be as low as $7.29 CAD and residential worst case scenario rural can be almost $12. That is the price range for this item from Winnipeg, your location may vary.

Extra insurance will add $2.50 per $100 extra over the included $100. Not sure if there is tax on that $2.50. The insurance is not automatic. If you leave the value at zero it wont be insured. If you put $99 in the field and a description then it will get $99 of included insurance if it is not on the list of items that are not covered.

So for a $350 item $12 + ($7.50 x 1.05tax) = $19.88

It is not ideal for every USA sale but it is for 95% of ours that need tracking. USA buyers also feel safe with UPS. Not so with a foreign carrier. Americans are afraid of foreign things.

When it comes to HI and AK (states) there is a surcharge option on ebay when using UPS. Since ups does not ship by ground there we add $7 to cover the extra Canada Post tracked packet cost for those 2 states.

It can be quick too. We have seen delivery in 3 days to Indy from Winnipeg if sent before 5:30 pm cutoff. A weekend will change this.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I've only checked out netparcel calculator on Paypal once. It was for a small package, 330 grams....Tracked packet was $19 and UPS through netparcel was $10.

I don't know how UPS figures out their dimensional pricing but you may be seeing a higher price because of the dimensions on your package??   I'm confused about your location as some of your listings have Ontario and some have BC. I can see the netparcel price being higher from a BC island if that's the address that you are using.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm convinced NetParcel is only cheaper if you're in ON or QC. I'm in the Vancouver area and it's always more expensive than CP. ChitChats is waaaaay cheaper
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Net parcel seems to be less expensive for me in Alberta.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Maybe they have a hub in AB and ON? Or is it because fuel prices are cheaper in AB?

Oh well, everything in Canada is the most expensive in Vancouver. Used to it by now....
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

UPS ground does not use a hub.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply