New Ebay buyer bought something on Thursday - Still no Payment

A new buyer (no feedback) has won an auction from me last thursday, but still hasn't payed.

I sent him a message offering assistance if needed to pay through Paypal, but I got no answer yet.

What should I do ? I have the possibility of sending a second chance offer to another bidder. Should I do that right now? Or should I wait more?

What are the next steps for this scenario ?

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Ebay buyer bought something on Thursday - Still no Payment

You should not relist or send a second chance offer until after you follow the unpaid item process.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I will wait before offering the second chance, even though I have a feeling this guy will never pay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Did you send an invoice?

Did you send a follow up invoice?

If the buyer just signed on with eBay it can take several days to get a PayPal account set up and working. This is especially true if a buyer is trying to set up a PayPal account without a credit card, if they only have a bank account it can easily take 5 or 6 days.

If they are new cut them some slack, after the second reminder invoice if you don't hear anything open a UPI when it's been a week.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I sent them the invoice on the same day, and sent a message to the buyer on the following day.

I would have no problem to wait if buyer would reply to my message saying he's setting up his Paypal account or whatever. But I have no replies from him in 3 days. I would expect him to check his messages once in a while if he's serious about shopping on Ebay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Go for the Unpaid Item Dispute. Either he will apologize and pay up, or he will stay disappeared.

As long as you are polite, just get the transaction done with.

Not every transaction is going to be successful.

Politely- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 6 of 6
latest reply