New Ebayer - will not calculate shipping costs?

Hello,

I am a complete new Ebayer from Canada and have probably a simple issue but I have no idea what to do.  I posted a few items with mixed USA shipping rates and international rates shipping 'worldwide'. However, I had a US bidder ask me how much to ship to the US. I looked at the posting and it says to contact the buyer for anything but Canada locations. Having the US services and International services will not allow for an auto shipping calculation for the buyer? And as I cannot revise the listing to just have an International option, how would I calculate and process shipping fees for a buyer? 

Thank you !

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your item currently listed is a small item. Most likely your have entered dimensions that do not meet the minimum for the shipping service you chose for international shipping.

You can only enter one set of dimensions. The minimum for Expedited Parcel Canada is 10x7x0.1 cm but the minimum for Expedited Parcel is 21x14x0.1 cm.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You need to specify the particular service for USA, eg. Small Packet Air, Tracked Packet, Expedited Parcel, in order for eBay to be able to calculate shipping costs.  You do this once for USA, and do it again for international, then specify what countries you exclude.

I looked at your listing, it appears you have specified only services in Canada.  I do wonder why your cost for Expedited within Canada is more than regular parcel?  If you are offering Expedited, why are you even offering regular parcel?  Regular parcel is what individuals can buy over the counter at a Post Office.  Expedited Parcel is for businesses and using PayPal shipping labels, you receive an 18% discount for Canadian and US destinations.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Your item currently listed is a small item. Most likely your have entered dimensions that do not meet the minimum for the shipping service you chose for international shipping.

You can only enter one set of dimensions. The minimum for Expedited Parcel Canada is 10x7x0.1 cm but the minimum for Expedited Parcel is 21x14x0.1 cm.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

You can only enter one set of dimensions. The minimum for Expedited Parcel Canada is 10x7x0.1 cm but the minimum for Expedited Parcel USA is 21x14x0.1 cm.

The eBay Sell Your Item form does very little checking when you are creating a listing. However, once listed, a lot of checking is done for dimensions, weight and shipping service selected. So your listing will work for Canada and not other countries.  So you need to know the min and max for dimensions and weight and what services can be used for a country.

For example, Xpresspost is offered by Canada Post for Canada, the USA and select other countries worldwide. For these other countries, your choice is usually International Parcel Air. Another example, Tracked Packet is offered to the USA and 20 other countries. Small Packet is available for the USA (Air only, 1 kg max) and also to the world (Air and Surface - do not use because too slow - and a 2 kg limit).

Shipping is complicated for first time sellers so you should simplify your shipping to Canada and the USA. Exclude all other countries. Do not offer several shipping options per country. Keep it simple and one shipping option. Buyers will choose the least expensive shipping option the majority of the time.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

And never offer Surface shipping. It won't arrive on time and you will be forced to refund.

But I concur-- the problem is probably the dimensions. I do that all the time and I've been here since 2001.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you everybody for the informative replies! I really appreciate it! I think I will stick to the USA/CANADA route for the first while until I get into the swing of things and will definitely be digging more into dimensions and keeping things simple for the listing. Thank you again.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi Zentechsupply

I too am having trouble with the calculated shipping. Just wondering what method you have come up. If you have time could you reply to this explaining how you are managing?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello!

The issue I had with was dimensions. With the services I choose, I then would find the minimum size of parcel that would align with the minimum of all services provided and now all services calculate properly. Like everyone else says, I also find buyers pick the least expensive route so having many services is not necessary. Keep it simple and keep at it.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply