New System going to shut my store down .. This sucks

31 Item not received Cases opened from US buyers... Only 3 supposedly never received there items but 31 cases counting against me ... So Top rated but about to be shut down because US buyers open cases instead of ask me through messages...

O well not much I can do here except for accept my fate LOL .... Sad that 90% of those cases were opened to ask for tracking number not even to say the item wasn't received ...

Starting shutting down during my shifts as that is when shipping delays are but still not sure how to solve these uncalled for cases .. I message all US buyer with a message telling them there is no tracking due to cost but still they end up asking and opening the case .. My latest INR case 4 days after i shipped ;(  My lasted INAD 2 Days after i shipped and because buyer wanted to cancel so it had nothing to do with INAD.)

I know I am a little rough around the edges because the Hectic Life I have but i don't know how else to deal with this short of calling every customer before I ship Item...

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Those cases are accounting for 60% of my defects on file

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

This is business.  Do not take it personally.

Forget about TRS, Forget about feedback.  Forget about 20% rebate on FVF.

None of these things should be relevant to you. They are not that important.

As you stated, you live a hectic life and selling on eBay is not your first priority. 

Based on your remote location, busy work and family life, type of products you sell (impatient crowd), you should continue towards your previously stated goal to retire from that business and sell your inventory in wholesale lot.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Yep still my goal was just hoping to not go out in a getting kicked off kind of way  LOL..

I have 17 not as described case ...

not only do I take actual photos of my item min of 2 pic 3 for used goods but I describe my item very well and I SELL MOVIES how many times can a movie be not as described LOL...

I have never had a movie not as described in my life LOL...

O well you are right Pierre  stick with my Goal to Retire the store ..

fun fun

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

"I have 17 not as described case ..."

Fair or unfair?

Is that relevant to your quality of life?  Just do not let these small things get to you.  Keep the "big picture" in mind.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

Yep still my goal was just hoping to not go out in a getting kicked off kind of way  LOL..

I can certainly understand that.  It's not fun to think that you've been a successful seller (and made eBay a lot of money), only to feel as if you're getting the bum's rush out the door.  However, if you're still hanging on after mid-September, this might help you to avoid further damage and leave with your status still intact:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2014/after-sale-experience-details.html#faqs-1...

Scroll down to the heading "New Safeguards for Sellers are Built In", under the 2nd point (re buyer requests).  Obviously there's been so much blowback from sellers about "accidental" cases being opened that eBay finally did something about it.  Let's hope it works! 

Carry on, and good luck!

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

This is business.  Do not take it personally.

Forget about TRS, Forget about feedback.  Forget about 20% rebate on FVF.

None of these things should be relevant to you. They are not that important.

As you stated, you live a hectic life and selling on eBay is not your first priority. 

Based on your remote location, busy work and family life, type of products you sell (impatient crowd), you should continue towards your previously stated goal to retire from that business and sell your inventory in wholesale lot.

This is becoming like the Derek Jeter Farewell Tour.

It's a joke! geez

Photobucket
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

This is becoming like the Derek Jeter Farewell Tour.

It's a joke! geez

Still, wouldn't you rather retire with your head high, feeling good at the very end, than feeling beaten and bruised as you go out the door? 

It's not all about business, but something in there also has to give a nod to personal accomplishment.  I do understand why 'brande' feels this way.  

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Rose, the end came for me rather suddenly 11 AM, Tuesday Oct 20th 2009. It is know within the company as "The Graceful Exit". There were casualties.

I used to think that I had value within the company, that what I did mattered, that the harder I tried the more points I would score. Did not happen that way.

No-one ever remembers the person who exits gracefully. I will be remembered for a long time. giggle-giggle

A lot of people have said to me "I wish I was you".

Photobucket
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Derek- I notice your standard FB is Thank you Perfect buyer Will ship within 48 hours weekend excluded.

My usual FB is Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped 3/9/2014 Canada Post Air Mail.

Much the same in terms of information, but I believe mine is a tad more reassuring. Already shipped vs Will ship Real Soon Now.

Of course I sell one or two items a day and you sell dozens, so that would make a big difference in time spent.

Do you think the difference might help reassure your ever- antsy customers?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Rose, the end came for me rather suddenly 11 AM, Tuesday Oct 20th 2009. It is know within the company as "The Graceful Exit". There were casualties.

A lot of people have said to me "I wish I was you".

Yes, I know, I've made a couple of those exits myself. 

One unforgettable experience comes to mind, in which I had applied and been interviewed for, a "dream job" as a representative (read: lobbyist) for a group of professional arts organizations, including symphonies, theatres and an opera company.  I thought I had little chance of being hired. 

My job with a law firm was going from bad to worse, until one day I simply packed up my belongings at lunch hour and left a note saying, in so many words, "Adieu to this "_______" (fill in the blank).  People were watching me as I calmly walked out the big double doors with my cardboard box in hand, likely many of them wishing they could do the same.  I got home and realized I was out of work for only the second time in my adult life, and the mortgage was due in two weeks.  It wasn't a good feeling. 

The next day I got a phone call.  The arts organizations had decided to hire me.  Later that year, I ran into a couple of former colleagues from the "law firm from hell" on the street, and they asked what I was doing.  I gave them my card.  It said "Executive Director, Pro-Art" -- and what was worse for them, I actually looked happy. 

So yes, those sort of exits can sometimes lead to good things, but I think it's different when you've built up your own business and would like to feel you've retired on an upbeat note.  The policy I mentioned earlier might actually help 'brande' in this regard just when he most needs it.  I wish him luck, it sounds as if he's worked unbelievably hard at this and deserves a "gold watch" (from himself Woman Happy) when he leaves.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pierre, that is easy for you to say but what happen when eBay decided to restrict or suspend us due to those horrible policies and eBay new system??? Because of this horrible evil new system that is hurting us a seller, we are receiving lots of "Item not receieved" which the eBay system don't "allow" buyers to contact us first, I had to change my strategy by revising nearly all my items with mail service with tracking number which is more expensive but I had to to that to protect. Funny when I revise them with mail service with tracking number, my sales shoot higher than usual!! And what more I sleep better now than having to wonder would I be getting more "item not received" message too often every week all due to impatience on the buyers' end,asking where is my item too often. I decided enough is enough. Thanks to eBay for that. And of course you as sellers in Canada, you are responsible to vent your frustration to Canada Post as to why they cannot offer tracking number on lettermail or small packet air. For some reasons I cannot click "Attachments" that I would love to show you one of the letter that I got from USA with actual postage for $1.15 with a tracking number which I can track it from A to B, B to C, etc. On my end here, I am going to push Canada Post hard to include tracking number for lettermail, small packet air and all mail service. It makes sense because they now have the tracking equipment, so what is their excuse for not inclduing the tracking nummer on all mail service?? Now kindly please do your job and push Canada Post to do the same. And anyone of you on Feedback can start it. You will be glad because it will become a reality, believe me.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

"that is easy for you to say"

???

The message is written to the original poster in the context of his business, his workload and family life.  You need to put it in context.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I message all US buyer with a message telling them there is no tracking due to cost but still they end up asking and opening the case

How are you messaging them? If you are doing it when you are printing the label, it is really easy for them to miss that message. After shipping I usually send a message through ebay messaging and give them an eta. If they have a question for me after that, they usually ask it by replying to my original message...no case opened. If you already do send your messages that way.....ignore this paragraph. 🙂

Do you use selling manager pro? I don't use it but I think that there used to be a way to set up a personalized message to each buyer at different points of the transaction. I don't know if that is still available (or ever was) but it can't hurt to look for it.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Yeah possibly would help but I have tried it all now even messaging every single buyers and trust me coming off a 14hr night shift to ship out 30 items and then message 30 buyers only to have it all fail but a never ending amount of IS there tracking cases being opened is soo discouraging ... I do mention there is not tracking in my Your item has shipped message as well .... IT's only the US I have issue's with now Domestic or the UK just US ...
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

I have the personalized message system and on top I message them through ebay message system ... I just had another case open yesterday and closed by time I even noticed it was opened like within 1 hr it open and closed by the buyer and bam another defect on my account.... 2 Defects in the last 3 days for cases asking questions that should be done through ebay message system..
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

FYI Board moderator my title was a mistake I must of hit I instead of U ... Sorry .
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

" I must of hit I instead of U ."

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

You made my day!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply