New announcement regarding FVF (for non-store sellers) and auto-relist feature

(I apologize in advance if this is a double post; I just got this e-mail today but I don't think I have seen anyone posted about it yet)

Here is eBay trying to persuade non-store sellers to get a stores subscription by raising the FVF max fee from $250 to $750. It'd only affect people who sells anything more expensive than $2500. (Though personally I think if you are selling something that pricey, it'd probably be a better deal to go for a stores subscription anyway regardless of this new rule) Smiley Indifferent

The more important update is that auto-relist listings WILL start to count towards the monthly free listings. And if you use it up, you WILL be charged insertion fee and whatever add-ons you used. Smiley Sad

So for those people who added the auto-relist to all listings, you better edit them and uncheck the auto-relist feature if you don't want any accidental fees charged... before November 24. Smiley Surprised

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/10/23/7642/ 

We are writing you today to inform you of recently-announced updates that might impact your selling fees on eBay. At eBay, we monitor our rates, and periodically make adjustments to them. The following changes will take effect on November 24, 2014:

• Fee update for sellers without an eBay Stores subscription. The maximum standard final value fee—the maximum fee sellers without an eBay Stores subscription will pay per sold item—will be raised from $250 to $750. This change only affects items that sell for more than $2,500.
    Note: The current $250 maximum final value fee for sellers with an eBay Stores subscription is not changing.
  • Updates to the automatic relist feature, currently available to some sellers:
  • Starting November 24, items relisted via the automatic relist feature available to some sellers will count towards your monthly allotment of free listings*. Once your allotment of free listings is used up—or if the relisted item does not qualify for free listing—the standard insertion fee of 30¢ per listing will apply, as well as any optional feature fees.
  • Starting later this year, the automatic relist feature will no longer be available for 1- and 3-day duration listings.
  • The automatic relist feature currently relists an unsold item once. Starting November 24, if you are opted-in to this feature, your item will automatically be relisted up to two times.

Note: You will be credited—either via your free listings allotment or on your invoice—for insertion fees for these relistings where the free automatic relist feature was selected prior to November 24. The manual relisting policy will still apply.

• When listing an item, be sure that the automatic relist option is either checked or unchecked, depending on your preference. Note that before choosing this option, you may want to check the Selling section of My eBay for any personalized recommendations to improve your listings.

Considering the changes above—it’s a good time to review all the benefits that come with aneBay Stores subscription. Starting as low as $15.95 a month, subscriptions offer the following:

• More free listings*—up to 2,500 a month with an Anchor-level subscription
  • Final value fees as low as 4%, capped at $250 per item
  • Access to powerful promotional tools that can help you sell more
  • Your own dedicated eBay.ca home page
  • Exclusive, subscriber-only promotions

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Best,

The eBay Selling Team

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks pierre. Can a moderator please delete my topic here? Thanks.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply