New eBay store final value fees on already created listings

Hello, was wondering if someone could let me know if when you subscribe to having an eBay store that the final value fee discount will be applied to already created listings? Or would it only apply to newly created listings after I subscribed?

Also, I recently sold an item, and although the buyer was having it shipped to USA, I was charged a portion of the EU VAT 20%fee . I was told because the buyer is registered in EU. This was annoying because I specifically only ship to USA/CANADA to avoid fees like this. The weird thing is I was told the buyer purchased as a guest, hence no feedback...yet they are still able to know he’s an EU resident? I found it all quite odd. Any insight?

Thanks for any help/replies.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Final value fees rates are from the rate in effect at the time of listing. Store final value fees are in effect for listings created after the store is started. Old non store listing final value fee rates will stay until the listing ends if an auction or sold. Fixed price listings will have the non-store final value fees rate until the listing is renewed at the end of the current GTC period.

All items will show in your store no matter if they are store or non-store.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Both MP and PP charge their fees on the whole amount the buyer pays.

That amount includes purchase price, shipping and local taxes.

This is annoying, but it is the Standard Practice for payment processors. When you buy something in a shop with your credit or debit card, the shopkeeper pays a fee to the card company on the sales taxes as well as on the purchase price.

This is detested by merchants.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Will relisted listings count under the store final value fees? Or only brand new listings? Thanks 🙏🏻
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Any listing new, relisted manually or automatically will use the new store final value fee rate. The store rate will be used from now on.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks guys for your help. So I’ll open store and just end early and relist.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Also, I recently sold an item, and although the buyer was having it shipped to USA, I was charged a portion of the EU VAT 20%fee . I was told because the buyer is registered in EU. This was annoying because I specifically only ship to USA/CANADA to avoid fees like this. The weird thing is I was told the buyer purchased as a guest, hence no feedback...yet they are still able to know he’s an EU resident?

If it was being shipped to the US and that state has a tax that eBay is required to collect, they should have been charged the state tax.  Are you sure that they were charged Eu tax?  I didn't think that came into effect until July 1 although I could have misread that.  Also, if they now get the item sent from the US to Europe through a freight forwarder, they would be charged again so charging them now doesn't seem right.

Since you are in MP you will be charged fvf on the full amount including tax whether they are in the US or another taxable country.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply