New fee structure on Stallion Express

Anyone notice their new fee structure?

1. 1st class (non-bubble / padded mailer): now with NO tracking.

2. bubble/ padded mailer: nearly double the price of previous fees (same as 1st class)

I understand that they adjust their fees accordingly with that of USPS' but USPS have not raised their fees since August 2021, nor made any changes to the two issues i pointed out above. ie. 1st class (non-padded) still has tracking, and it`s the same postage for non-padded & padded mailers. therefore no justification.

if anything, the fees for padded mailers should remain the same because stallion would pay more for insurance if the item gets damaged enroute - which is more likely if not sent out in padded mailer.

i'm now seriously considering other options.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't have access to their pricing but it's possible that by first class non bubble mailer they are referring to a first class flat which is similar to our oversize lettermail.  That service has never had tracking. Of course I'm just guessing that's what they mean.  If you want to post the information that they gave you it might be easier to tell if it's reasonable or not.

I'm not sure why first class packages would double in price though.  What will they be charging for a 4 oz package from where you are located to California?  I'm just curious.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

This might be useful in determining fees.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply