New glitch, 2 for 1 relist causes automagic duplicate listing violation...

Came home to a message that duplicate listings have been deleted.

It was one I relisted this morning.

The two items were created at exactly the same time 6:56:35 PDT so I know I didn't inadvertently create it two times.

I can't recall if these things count against us or not? I don't see it showing up anywhere yet on the bad things I've done list........

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I was trying to copy  @happy_pigeon in but it is not working.... it puts in: @#{login}  instead... another problem it seems..... 

Hmm interestingly it seems to have resolved the text version when I saved, I'm not sure if you can pass this along, it happened on .COM.....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Since it was on .COM I called my special anchor store CSR buddies (waited only about 11 seconds which was nice).

Not a known problem yet, she was going to report it as a possible site issue.

No bad things lodged against my account which is good.

I'm to call back if it happens more.

(Part of me is suspicious that my mouse which like everything else around here is old and may have instantaneously double clicked - time will tell)

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Don't worry, your @mention did work. If anyone else experiences this problem, please mention me so that I can follow up.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@happy_pigeon

When adding hHelpful to a Post, the count remains the same. If a browser page refresh is done, the count is updated. So the add helpful is working but not showing.

If you go to the eBay.com USA forum Community Platform Feedback, you will a few topics on Issues with the forums.  Apparently the issues are caused by a bad JavaScript file in a recent update by Lithium to the eBay forums. It has been fixed on the USA forums. It seems the same bad JavaScript code is here too.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@happy_pigeon

See this topic on eBay.com USA where Doug from eBay acknowledged the issues and the cause.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Dupe-posts-and-helpfuls-not-registering/m-...

A javascript file was identified as causing issues and has been removed. Tagging, helpfuls and photo posting seem to be back to normal. Please let me know if you see any other issues.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Another issue with the board I noticed since yesterday was when I click "post" when making a reply to a thread, the page just stays as is instead of directing me to a refreshed page that says something like "your message has been posted". But if you reload the page then you can see that your message has indeed been posted. Just a little annoying, that's all. I post from my phone btw.

Edit: and it's still doing the same thing as of this message.

Edit again: no issues with making edits. It displayed the "your post was edited" and directs you to refreshed page properly.

Edit yet again: ah, when I make edits it removed the @happy_pigeon so I had to add it back in!

@happy_pigeon
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

At one time, a duplicate listing was counted as a policy violation, I don't know if that is still the case or if there is a certain amount of duplicate listings that they watch for.   

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hi pjc, the CSR said nothing was noted, although I may have called too quickly.

I've not seen anything on my review of my metrics so far.....
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@happy_pigeon

See this topic on eBay.com USA where Doug from eBay acknowledged the issues and the cause.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Dupe-posts-and-helpfuls-not-registering/m-...

A javascript file was identified as causing issues and has been removed. Tagging, helpfuls and photo posting seem to be back to normal. Please let me know if you see any other issues.

Thank you for the update!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

An update.

I am now 95% sure the problem was caused by my mouse/computer.

Since this event, I've had very intermittent instant double clicks happening in other applications, so I've swapped mice to see if it is the mouse or the laptop. Hopefully it is just the mouse.

As a note other applications that are executing important transactions (like the bank) have responded that something was already started. It is too bad the eBay transactions don't seem to catch a situation like this, but I did think that I've manually hit enter twice sometime in the past and did get a response that there was something already under way??

@happy_pigeon just so you know the latest. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The posting issue I mentioned above is gone today too. They must have fixed the bug.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You would think that the ebay system would catch it.

You wouldn't see it on your metrics if it is considered a policy violation.  A few years ago you used to be able to see policy violations but now they hide them. I have no idea why they hide them but even IF duplicate listings are on a list like that, I would think you would need a lot of them to affect anything.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply