New listings will be ending a day early.

This was mentioned on the US board a little while ago but I didn't realize that it was affecting us as my listings were all being renewed on the right day.   But when I started a couple of new listings I noticed that they were  showing a renewal date of a day earlier.

For example, Item 355516276998 was a new listing that I posted on March 4.  Sellers hub shows that it is renewing on April 3.  Listings that have been on for a while are all relisting on the same day of the month just as they should be.  It is just new listings that are being affected.  According to some .com users, the problem started on Feb. 10.

The screenshot is of listings that I posted this week.

incorrect renewal date.jpg

Note that the time is an hour ahead but that likely is related to the time changing on March 10.   Someone on the US board suggested that it seems to be too much of a coincidence that this started happening exactly a month before the time change (March 10)  so perhaps the problem happened when they were programming for the time change.

Apparently this is happening on the UK site too. I'm not sure of exactly when it started but a seller noticed it on March 1 so it is possible the problem just started then.  The time change in the UK starts on March 31 the timing there seems a bit suspicious too.

If this isn't fixed, anyone who listed on March 1 will have their listing renewed on March 31 -- twice in one month.

devon@ebay  I know that you are aware of this problem on .com but just wanted to let you and others know that is also a problem here and on the UK site.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New listings will be ending a day early.

Maybe it has to do with this being a leap year?? March 4th would have been March 3rd without the Feb. 29.

Just a thought, might explain why it started happening in February.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That's what it is. so today we are March 7th...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If it was a leap year issue it would have started at the beginning of February. But according to the posts I read, it wasn't a problem until Feb, 10.

In the UK this started happening on March 1. The leap year would not have affected that.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply