New sellers

How do you know that your listing is actually being seen by people? I feel that there are so many listings on eBay that mine may never even be seen, and I used up the whole description line as suggested. Is there a way to tell that I have properly listed it so that it is being seen by people?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: New sellers

Counters on your auctions will show how many people are seeing it.  If it's being looked at a lot and not watched, I know my price is too high or my listing needs more information.  Something's not right and it's my job to fix it by tweaking or lowering my price/shipping, etc.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What I am finding is that shipping is so expensive. Right now I have free shipping, and I am trying to incorporate it into the cost of the item I have for sale but no one is buying. Do I offer free shipping and incorporate it into the cost or do I charge for shipping (sometimes the cost for shipping is more that what I am asking). HELP! 😞

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

eBay isn't for everyone or every item. Most people think that it is simple. eBay wants you to think this to. Even us veterans who have been selling since this all started are still learning. It has got easier with experience but a lot of the fun has gone from the days of the old eBay. I especially miss the $1.40US dollar, cheaper shipping and way less china listings. Oh those were the days...
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You could try putting a portion of the shipping cost into the item price and then you charge a smaller shipping charge.

I would suggest changing your titles so that the info about the item for sale is closer to the front of the title.I believe that search engines place more importance on the beginning of the title. You want to use keywords that people will search for. They don't search for expressions like Save Big.

For example, instead of SAVE BIG!!!! Children's Place NEW W/ TAGS ($29.95) Ruffled Sweater - LG (10/12)

Try something like...Children's Place Girls Pink Cardigan Sweater Lg (10-12) Ruffles NWT $29.95

I don't know if children's clothing sizes vary as much as the adult sizes do but you might want to put clothing measurements in the listing. More info is always good.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you 🙂

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The only ones who see your listings are the countries you ship to.

Some of your listings are for Canada only and

the rest are for Canada & USA

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

When I was reading the selling tips, it mentioned that you have to be active in the eBay community along with other marketing ideas to get more views on your store.  I see some stores that are bigger then me have great number of views and usually sells higher.  As a buyer you need to explore the many options and try to help out some of the smaller stores.  Competitive pricing is always a big target to gain more views. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi, if you follow the best practices for titles then no all caps, just capitalize the first letter of each word. No punctuation, so get rid of those !!!. The search engines don't like them and won't read them. When you are going to list something, try putting your proposed title in the search box (before starting your listing). What happens, does anything suggestions by Ebay come up. So if you put in SAVE BIG!!! I'm almost 100% sure that no search suggestions by Ebay is going to show. But put in Girls or Childrens pink sweater and see what happens. Try to follow what Ebay shows as suggestions for your titles as this is what Ebay is saying are the popular ways to search for similar items. When you fill up your title bar the most important part is at the front so you want the object you are selling to be first. Then the rest of the title should be other words someone might use while searching. Like the colours if there are more than one or other uses the item could be used for.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply