New to ebay, got couple of questions pls

Have couple of questions pls
As i mentioned im new to ebay and i am from Canada
- I have few listings posted on ebay.ca , am i allowed to post on ebay.com as well with the same account? If so, and if the item gets sold will i get the payment in my same bank account which is my canadian bank account? Or do i need to have a bank account in USA for ebay.com proceedings?
- I saw some people sell items worldwide, how do they offer this low shipping fee for whole world? If i select ship to worldwide, the only reasonable shipping option i see is Canada Post International Parcel (non-US) air, but it says this type of service is without tracking,
- Is it ok to send item without tracking number to worldwide? Im hesitant by doing this actually
Looking for a solution and your advice please and thank you very much
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@atmun3836 wrote:
Was looking at the stallion website, they seems good and definitely cheaper than CP,
They are 25kms away from me.
If i ask them to pickup the package from my place, do they charge extra for it?
Or are there any conditions i have to meet to avail this service?
Thank you again

I'm 23 km's from Stallion, I drop off packages there "about once a week" (actually more like 6 times a month). works with a 5 day handling time in respect to meeting eBay's timely shipping requirements.

For US buyers shipping through Stallion is so much faster than  Canada Post that buyers are generally very happy. If you drop off at Stallion on a Monday all your US packages will be delivered by the end of the week so those buyers are very happy.

As far as arranging a pick-up with Stallion, you would have to ask them as I've never looked into it. I usually comb ine my Stallion drop off with grocery shopping or in normal times visiting friends in the western part of the GTA so the total round trip of 46km isn't that bad. I have plenty oif free time so it's just the cost of driving, while it's a bit high it's balanced offbecause of the greratly reduced shipping costs and the healty handling charge I can add while still being much less than using Canada Post.

For me it also means access to USPS Media Mail which is dirt cheap, I charge CA$10 to ship an LP to the US but it only costs me CA$5 so it only takes 2 packages of that type to cover my travel costs.

I have been using Stallion/ChitChats type services (before that rolled my own version). It's so much faster and cheaper that the time and money spent on the extra travel is a bit oif a non-issue and unlike with Canada Post I'm not running to the Post Office every day just to get a timely delivery.

Looking at my  shipping metrics on eBay the last time I had anything showing as a late delivery was back in December when the Rochester USPS facility had a big Covid outbreak and packages dropped off in Niagara Falls were sitting for up to 3 weeks due to the backlog. In all the years (about 40) I've been shipping to the US that was far and away the worst thing I ever experienced (all those packages did get delivered, no INR claims opened, no refunds given, no bad feedback recieved).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

1 - Yes you can list on eBay.com with the same id.

2 - Sales in  US Dollars will be converted to Canadian Dollars and inc luded in  your regular Payout from eBay.

3 - At some point in the relatively near future eBay will have an option to be paid out in US Dollars to a US$ bank account in Canada. Full details are sketchy at the moment.....details will follow in the coming weeks/months.

4 - There are many ways to ship and Canada Post is usually not the cheapest You are in Mississauga, check with Stallion Express who can provide you with cheaper shipping especially to the US or Overseas.

https://ship.stallionexpress.ca/register/i1oZkN

5 - I ship a lot overseas, mostly using low cost untracked service, tracking doesn't make delivery any faster or more reliable but it helps if you think you might be selling to less than  honest buyers. If the difference in shipping cost isn't too much and the value of the shipment fairly high I will use a tracked service. Especially to when shipping to a country where long delays are normal and under Covid almost certain. I do loose a few packages from time to time but it's far from common. Since I pay a lot less than many sellers to ship I can pad my overseas shipping charges with a healthy handling charge which is way more than what I might pay out in refunds and I still charge buyers a bit less than most sellers I'm competing with.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Was looking at the stallion website, they seems good and definitely cheaper than CP,
Thank you again
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

1.) You can list on any eBay site but:

• you have to ship to that country
  • the price will be in that country's currency
  • you will have to use Flat Rate shipping from an International Location (Canada) and not Calculated Shipping.

2.) At the moment your payment will go to your Paypal account. Eventually we will all be shifted to eBay's new Managed Payments.  You should have a Canadian chequing account attached to your PP (and eventually MP). 

• For complicated reasons, you may prefer to have the attached chequing account be with a low fee online bank and not part of your daily banking.
  • With PP you can attach an American bank in USD, or a Canadian bank in USD and a Cdn bank in loonies or two or three. Or you can allow all your payments to go to your Canadian bank in loonies.  With MP only the last is definitely possible, but it might be possible to have a Cdn bank account in USD, although there are currency exchange fees with that.

3.) They don't if they are sensible. Either they use a Flat Rate that covers their entire cost or they make all their international sales Calculated Rate (including the USA).

• Don't sell internationally until you have at least 10 DSRs, know what DSRs are, and understand their unimportance.
  • Tracking is a Seller Protection against unwarranted claims about non-delivery. Although we see a lot of problems on the Boards, most (as in 99% or more) transactions go just fine without tracking.
  • Americans have cheap tracking and are paranoid. It is safer to ship to Europe without tracking than to the USA.
  • Don't sell internationally yet.

4.) Some of those sellers with very cheap international shipping have no stock. They are dropshipping from Chinese suppliers who have subsidized shipping costs.  Dropshipping is a Bad Idea, and the only ones who actually make money on it are those suppliers.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@atmun3836 wrote:
Thank you again

I'm 23 km's from Stallion, I drop off packages there "about once a week" (actually more like 6 times a month). works with a 5 day handling time in respect to meeting eBay's timely shipping requirements.

For US buyers shipping through Stallion is so much faster than  Canada Post that buyers are generally very happy. If you drop off at Stallion on a Monday all your US packages will be delivered by the end of the week so those buyers are very happy.

As far as arranging a pick-up with Stallion, you would have to ask them as I've never looked into it. I usually comb ine my Stallion drop off with grocery shopping or in normal times visiting friends in the western part of the GTA so the total round trip of 46km isn't that bad. I have plenty oif free time so it's just the cost of driving, while it's a bit high it's balanced offbecause of the greratly reduced shipping costs and the healty handling charge I can add while still being much less than using Canada Post.

For me it also means access to USPS Media Mail which is dirt cheap, I charge CA$10 to ship an LP to the US but it only costs me CA$5 so it only takes 2 packages of that type to cover my travel costs.

I have been using Stallion/ChitChats type services (before that rolled my own version). It's so much faster and cheaper that the time and money spent on the extra travel is a bit oif a non-issue and unlike with Canada Post I'm not running to the Post Office every day just to get a timely delivery.

Looking at my  shipping metrics on eBay the last time I had anything showing as a late delivery was back in December when the Rochester USPS facility had a big Covid outbreak and packages dropped off in Niagara Falls were sitting for up to 3 weeks due to the backlog. In all the years (about 40) I've been shipping to the US that was far and away the worst thing I ever experienced (all those packages did get delivered, no INR claims opened, no refunds given, no bad feedback recieved).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply