No Bank debit on my listings

I was just in the process of listing and noticed that another seller had bank debit through paypal as being one of the options.  I looked at my listing and that is not available, how do I get it, do I want it?  What do you think?

bank debit.jpgbank none.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Go to Help and Contact

and do a search for ......  Debit card

Your answer should be there.....

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Also search bank debit

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Paying from a PP balance or a credit card gives the seller immediate access to the payment.

Paying from a bank balance is an e-cheque. A debit card is paid from a bank balance.

E-Cheques have to clear through two banking systems (Canada for the seller and USA for PP) so they are not immediately available. They can take up to 10 days to clear, but are usually faster.

Meanwhile, your customer can see her payment has been removed from her bank balance.

It may be useful when an e-cheque is used to let the customer know that the payment is awaiting clearance, but the purchase is ready to go as soon as that is completed.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks, I think that because I have immediate payment on my listings, that bank debit is not showing.  I would rather have the immediate payment there.  If there is someone (had in past) that wants to pay by e-check they can email me and I may accommodate them.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Are you comparing apples to apples? Are both screenshots from ebay.ca? Or is one from ebay.com and one from ebay.ca? Or is one an American seller?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

wrote:

Thanks, I think that because I have immediate payment on my listings, that bank debit is not showing.  I would rather have the immediate payment there.  If there is someone (had in past) that wants to pay by e-check they can email me and I may accommodate them.  

That's not what that means; 'immediate payment' includes payment by e-cheque. Immediate Payment Required means the listings stays live and active until payment -- any payment -- secures it. It means no Cash on Pickup and no Request invoice.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Good point so I checked my Bob Dylan CD's, some listed on .ca and some on .com and also checked other sellers on .ca where some were from Canada and others from the US listed on .com.

Here is how I set it up.

paypalnobank.jpg

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I think that stamps is right.   I have been told that echeques aren't allowed when you have ipr enabled.  Any seller that I checked that was missing the 'bank' option had ipr so I changed one of my listings to ipr to test this. Before ipr,  I could see the bank option. When ipr was enabled, bank option disappeared.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I would be terribly surprised if that were the case. 

Bank as an icon does not show on my listings and I don't have IRP.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

WAIT! I'm not looking in the right place. I thought we were talking about the Paypal icons under price, there is a whole other place you can find it under Payments. Never mind me then. 

Well, would you look at that?Well, would you look at that?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply