No Ebay scroll button in Category Section

33nhl
Community Member

Hello evey one and Happy New Year

I decided to plunge in for 1 or 2 years into Basic Store possibly to list more items as the 100k free listing we had past 24 months is gone and wont be coming back any time soon.  had a store back in 2000s for a few years was much cheapper lol

Any ways i get to the section to select in which Store Category i want certain items to go into thus they be found much easier when someone is looking through my store.

So when im in that last screen page  i dont have a blue scroll button on the right side of the screen to be able to scrool down to the Category i want to select from possible 39 of them.

It only shows 5  and half Categorys meaning i see fully the 4  but barely shows the 5th one and then no scroll button to scrool down to say the 20th Category that i want items to go into.

Any one having or had issue like this and what stepps were taken to fix or is there an other way around it.

I added a picture from a you tube video as in there it shows that scroll button but i dont have that on my computer screen in that section

I called Ebay and may take 24-72 hours for them to look into this.

Any info much appreciated  and its home computer and Google Chrome being used

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: No Ebay scroll button in Category Section

33nhl
Community Member

20230123_193403[1].jpg

In this picture this is what i get no blue scroll button on the right side to be able to move down to other Categorys

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

What page are you talking about?

When creating a new listing it doesnt let you scroll? or somewhere else?

I usually sell similar on my own listings so I never have to play with the store category and remembering the put stuff in the right section.

I originally set all my cateogires up by bulk editing listings to move them to specific categories.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

mine looks the same as yours

1.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

its with in the store section under Store Categories  once you add say 20 categories of all type of items you are selling and want each item do be in a different Category with in your Store  and select which items and then you select which Store Category to place them in.

In trying to do that you go through a few screens and you end up in the Category section where you can scroll though all the Categories you have and select the one you want items into, but in my case i dont have a scroll button to be able to scroll through all 40+ categories i have set up, so has to be some glitch in the system that the scroll button icon not showing up.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

here is a picture from a youtube video same location but it has that scroll button on the right hand side in the picture to be able to scroll up down on all the Categories. You can see on the right side by the word done the scroll button but in the ealrier picture i provided i dont have that scroll button20230123_191153.jpg

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

so how do you scroll down in that section???

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I can't help you there sorry, mine doesnt work either, I set mine up before this new listing tool garbage was introduced (like 3 years ago). Wish I could help.

Maybe in the mean time if you edit the ORDER of your categories and you can do like 5 categories and then edit the order they display in again (steps that SHOULDNT be necessary to do simple things) this might work?

Store tab in the hub > Store Categories shows this page

1.jpg

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Try using your directional arrow keys, each time you hit the down arrow the page should scroll down a few lines. Should nothing happen try placing the mouse to the far right edge of the page and try again. Hitting the up arrow or the Home key will bring the page back up to the top.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

FWIW- have you tried (on a desktop) making the window you are looking at larger?

Sometimes that allows enough room for more options to appear. Full screen is one possibility, or just enlarge the window with a click and drag.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

this is common. ive noticed this during listing - I add 80 - 100 new items a week - and it will invariably just seize up and stop working, preventing scrolling from happening while right in the middle of using the listing tool.  You cant scroll to what you need, youre screwed essentially, scroll capacity just disappears.  Hitting the refresh button works and basically takes you back to where you left off.  

This must be happening a lot as when they rolled out this new listing tool whenever it glitched in this way you hit refresh you had to start all over again, but the last couple months it takes you right back to where you left off and you dont have to re-enter everything all over again.  This last happened to me on Tuesday.  I would say it happens 1 time out of every 20 items being listed.  Not a chrome or Microsoft user. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply