No more TRS 10% discount for Canadian sellers on Ebay.com?

Can anyone confirm that? I am rather shocked ...... 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Go to your Seller Dashboard.

Click on Region Global (For Canada) and go to the bottom of the page....and see the benefits

Click on Region USA and go to the bottom of the page... and see the benefits

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

What I did. Here are the results. From the July 2020 update: 

""Please note, the 10% final value fee discount is only available to sellers resident in the country in which they’re Top Rated. For example, if you’re selling through ebay.com, you must be resident in the US to qualify for this discount."

All my listings qualified last week (I list many thousands), NONE qualified as of today ..... 

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Looks to me like you are looking on your ebay.com dashboard which by default displays your USA Region seller level screen which is not applicable as far as Canadian sellers receiving TRS discounts on ebay.com.

What happens if from the drop-down menu you change the view to Global Region?

Provided your Global Region seller level is showing TRS you will be receiving a 10% FVF discount, there is no discount applied to any shipping FVF.

I just checked my most recent invoice ending June 30th which included sales from both ebay.ca and ebay.com listings ... the TRS discount was applied to sales on BOTH sites. 

Perfect timing to check on the discount as there were not very many transactions ... just totalled the item price fvf less fvf credit x 10% = the discount as listed on the invoice.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If you qualify under global you are fine. My dashboard on .com shows the same thing (since I don't qualify for Top Rated Plus) and I've never had a month where my TRS discount has not been given. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I'm still receiving 10% final value fee discount U.S. and Global on .com

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

Looks to me like you are looking on your ebay.com dashboard which by default displays your USA Region seller level screen which is not applicable as far as Canadian sellers receiving TRS discounts on ebay.com.

Yes, I always use the Ebay.com dashboard, which also always shows "Global" as default starting page. 

Please look at the "qualifying items" section - it always (until last week) did show that 100% of my items qualify. Now it shows that "0" of my items qualify. I will wait until the next invoice to see I got it or not. BTW, finally  it's not a disaster - 10% of 10% makes just 1% - I will survive that loss 😉   

A really bad news is that Ebay just removed listing fees for many categories, except (of course) of mine ........ a few hundred dollars difference ....... eh ..... 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my 0.33 FVF promotional credit from last month. Retirement, Cookie Jar Insurance, season tickets for the Flames, a new mask? Am I supposed to send a thank you note?  Sooo hard to decide!! open_mouth 

-Lotz

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Reply # 2.

This  was the situation when I looked on my Dashboard on eBay Canada.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Oh ... was there some sort of "save on fvf" promotion last month?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

Oh ... was there some sort of "save on fvf" promotion last month?

Seriously ..... look at THIS!!!!

We're increasing monthly zero insertion fee listings for most sellers starting August 1

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-increasing-monthly-zero-insertion-fee-listings-for...

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

Father's Day Promo....25 % off FVF's

I accidentally inadvertently sold a ball cap that qualified. I've gotten to the point with special offers, If I happen to spot, I accept. If something sells, bonus. I don't monitor them super closely.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

That's odd ... my ebay.com dashboard always defaults to USA Region ... also I'm not shown any of that stuff about how many listings do or don't qualify for TRS Plus, none of that is mentioned.

What I do see is a link to "how to" become TRS Plus which I followed, then I was shown the info that you're concerned about. Seems there has been some sort of change this month, none of this is matters in the least to most Canadian sellers but I've copied and pasted the relevant section below anyway.

Please note, the 10% final value fee discount is only available to sellers resident in the country in which they’re Top Rated. For example, if you’re selling through ebay.com, you must be resident in the US to qualify for this discount.

From July 2020, free returns must be based on your item’s location in order for you to qualify for Top rated Plus:

• If the item location is in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day free domestic returns
  • If the item location isn’t in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day free international returns

In some product categories, we’ll extend the discount benefit (but not the seal) even if you don’t offer 30-day free returns.

See the full list of circumstances where the discount benefit applies

• In Jewelry & Watches, and most Collectibles & Art categories, you need to offer 14-day free returns.
  • When you use freight shipping or sell items in the following categories, you need to offer 30-day or longer returns, but the buyer pays for return shipping:
    • Books
    • DVDs & Movies
    • Motors > Automotive Tools & Supplies
    • Motors > Parts & Accessories
    • Music
    • Musical Instruments & Gear
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Wow, thanks!!! I did oversee this!!!! I change my returns to "free" immediately!! 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Done!!! Will see if it changes anything ....... 

BTW, the bulk update allows now to update 1.000 items at once. An improvement! slight_smile

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

The reason that you are nit seeing the same info as 38e on the US is because they qualify for US trs but you likely have global trs.   As you mentioned though, Canadians still qualify for a discount without the US trs rating.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply