Number of Views to my listings very poor why??

Disappointed with the number of viewing on my items. EBay is supposed to be the number 1 selling place? Could EBay respond to my question.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

wrote:

Disappointed with the number of viewing on my items. EBay is supposed to be the number 1 selling place? Could EBay respond to my question.

Number 1 selling place for what?

I'm not eBay, just another seller (and buyer). I took a quick look at some of your listings.

You are selling items which have a small target audience. Unless an item is rare you will be unlikely to get more than 1 bidder.  Recommend that you use Buy-It-Now instead of Auctions for your current listings. Lots of buyers have no patience for an auction.

Put the price you want as the BIN and if willing to haggle, turn on Best Offer.

Listing 162882118307: Landex-Royal-Craft-Wind-up-Alarm-Clock-Porcelain-Frame

Recommend using a better quality first image, that's one important factor (especially on mobile devices) in hooking someone into taking a look at your listing.

Recommend changing the title so the important info is at the front, so searchers skim reading will slow down to take a closer look. Something like:

Landex Royal Craft Porcelain Clock - Wind-up Alarm Ceramic

Listing 162884053446:  Picture: Black & White Photo of Passenger Ship "The Greyhound"

The title is one of the hooks to get people to stop and view your listing.

Recommend moving Black & White Photo into your description and modifying the title to generate more specific interest such as

Great Lakes Photo of Passenger Ship "The Greyhound" Detroit Toledo

Putting the destinations into the title will help capture lookers who are interested in those cities.

Additional: I stopped using surface shipping for international destinations about 10 years ago -- it just takes too long to arrive for an eBay sale.

Also, but only if in your comfort zone, allow local pickup for bulky/fragile items.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank You very much & God Bless

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The Eaton's needlework needs dimensions too, and perhaps a closeup.

New sellers get  boost in Search for a month or so, which offsets to some extent that they don't automatically have the trust that more established sellers do.

You did the right thing selling on an established buying account.

I would also suggest using Fixed Price listings, or at least adding a Buy It Now price to your auctions.

Over 80% of eBay listings are now fixed price, more when you add in BIN on auctions, and most auctions get very few bids, as customers seem to prefer instant gratification to waiting a week only to learn they lost to a last second bid.

The only comparable to the Eaton's picture that I was shown was priced at $300.

Time of the year may have something to do with it too, since some of your items are giftable and the prime gifting season is over. (Two neologisms in there, sorry.)

By the way-- those heart dishes might do better as candy dishes rather than ashtrays. Especially as a Valentine's Day item.
You have 80 free keystrokes in your titles-- add 'valentine' to that one.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you & God Bless

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

wrote:

Number 1 selling place for what?

I'm not eBay, just another seller (and buyer). I took a quick look at some of your listings.

You are selling items which have a small target audience. Unless an item is rare you will be unlikely to get more than 1 bidder.  Recommend that you use Buy-It-Now instead of Auctions for your current listings. Lots of buyers have no patience for an auction.

Put the price you want as the BIN and if willing to haggle, turn on Best Offer.

Listing 162882118307: Landex-Royal-Craft-Wind-up-Alarm-Clock-Porcelain-Frame

Recommend using a better quality first image, that's one important factor (especially on mobile devices) in hooking someone into taking a look at your listing.

Recommend changing the title so the important info is at the front, so searchers skim reading will slow down to take a closer look. Something like:

Landex Royal Craft Porcelain Clock - Wind-up Alarm Ceramic

Listing 162884053446:  Picture: Black & White Photo of Passenger Ship "The Greyhound"

The title is one of the hooks to get people to stop and view your listing.

Recommend moving Black & White Photo into your description and modifying the title to generate more specific interest such as

Great Lakes Photo of Passenger Ship "The Greyhound" Detroit Toledo

Putting the destinations into the title will help capture lookers who are interested in those cities.

Additional: I stopped using surface shipping for international destinations about 10 years ago -- it just takes too long to arrive for an eBay sale.

Also, but only if in your comfort zone, allow local pickup for bulky/fragile items.

-..-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank You very much & God Bless

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The Eaton's needlework needs dimensions too, and perhaps a closeup.

New sellers get  boost in Search for a month or so, which offsets to some extent that they don't automatically have the trust that more established sellers do.

You did the right thing selling on an established buying account.

I would also suggest using Fixed Price listings, or at least adding a Buy It Now price to your auctions.

Over 80% of eBay listings are now fixed price, more when you add in BIN on auctions, and most auctions get very few bids, as customers seem to prefer instant gratification to waiting a week only to learn they lost to a last second bid.

The only comparable to the Eaton's picture that I was shown was priced at $300.

Time of the year may have something to do with it too, since some of your items are giftable and the prime gifting season is over. (Two neologisms in there, sorry.)

By the way-- those heart dishes might do better as candy dishes rather than ashtrays. Especially as a Valentine's Day item.
You have 80 free keystrokes in your titles-- add 'valentine' to that one.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you & God Bless
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you very much & God Bless
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Your pictures look washed out and small.

You need to get the buyers  attention - a couple of things:

There is too much background in your pictures, you need to get much closer so the only thing in the picture is the frame or just the picture or the item - depending on what you want to emphasize. Make sure the focus is perfect and make sure they are straight and level - photo shop them if you have to.

There is also too much glare. Get the lights directly off the picture and off to one side - that way the detail and colours will show much better.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

And yep I agree for your sales - use fixed price.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Here is an old link to eBay member camerajim web site on how to take photographs for eBay item listing. The camera reviews are old but the tips and techniques on how to use a camera are still valid. Many low cost tips on taking good photos.

http://www.sigma-2.com/camerajim/index.htm

This page is specifically for taking photos of artwork which might help the OP with their items to have better photos.

http://www.sigma-2.com/camerajim/cjgartwork.htm

Message 9 of 9
latest reply