Store vacation, closes both .CA and .COM items together?

Now that I'm living the split personality mode of having items on both .COM and .CA I'm discovering things aren't always doable from one site (ie I can't do mass edits of .CA items from .COM for example).

So I am wondering when the time comes for me to put my store and items on vacation,  if I put my .COM based store on vacation, I am assuming my .CA items are also put on vacation too?

I've noticed that if I go to "manage my store" from .CA it just automagically puts me into my .COM store so I am assuming yes is the answer, but I'm sure someone out there does this and it is a quick one to answer!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The store vacation mode should shut down items on both sites. It worked that way in October and November for me. I can't see that as having changed otherwise it would be impossible for you to put items on vacation for any site other than the one you have the store on.

I did notice that it took a little longer to hide the items then it used to.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I don't assume anymore that the two sites are as intimately connected as they used to be.  I've listed on both .ca and .com for quite a while, and prior to a few months ago you could count on it that anything you directed to be done on .ca would be picked up and done on .com.   Not anymore. 

I noticed that for a time even the "shipped" confirmations that were logged on .ca weren't showing up on .com, and worse -- there were messages in red about late shipping beside those items on .com.  I believe this may have now been resolved, but since that point I haven't trusted the sites to communicate seamlessly anymore.  This probably has something to do with all the changes in features, etc. that have been made on .com but not yet on .ca.  

So, short answer -- I think I'd set the vacation on both sites.  Or, if you have the time, set it on .ca, then check in a day or two to see the result on .com.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

That is a good question, I wish I knew the answer to it. Will you post the results once you know?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hmm not as simple a question as I expected then!

Rose, I don't know how to see my store from .CA, if I try it automagically switches me to .COM, so if the store doesn't work on .COM against .CA items, I don't see a way to vacation them from the .CA side.

When I get a chance I'll call my support buddies and ask them and I'll post the results here.....

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The store vacation mode should shut down items on both sites. It worked that way in October and November for me. I can't see that as having changed otherwise it would be impossible for you to put items on vacation for any site other than the one you have the store on.

I did notice that it took a little longer to hide the items then it used to.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Awesome THX PJC I figured someone must have tested it.... I'm a "worry about everything kinda guy" so I didn't want to find out I couldn't when I went to go on vacation!!!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you have Store you only have one but you can use it on ALL eBay sites and it will include listings made on ALL eBay sites.

When I had a Store I had opened it on .ca so it was a .ca Store, if I want to make changes to the Store I am directed to .ca. If I opened the Store on .com I would be directed to .com to make changes like vacation settings.

At least that seems to be the way it works.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It’s still pretty much the same except for putting items on sale.  I think that if you have a .ca store the only way to markdown .com listings is to use sellers hub...they can’t be done through the store.  I’ve resisted using sellers hub though so I don’t know that from experience.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply