Offer to buyer eligibility?

Just wondering what's the criterias to be able to send an offer to buyer? I mean, on ebay it's written:

Eligible Listings include:

• Items a buyer opts to watch
  • Items added to cart that have been there for at least 5 days

Source: https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/listing-and-marketing/offer-to-buyers.html

But in facts, it happens quite often to me that none of those criteria is meet, and i still can offer to buyer.  I'm just curious and looking to understand cause there's clearly an info missing from ebay

Here is an exemple, i have none watcher and the listing is 3 days old, so no one could have it for at least 5 days added to his cart. So whats the other criterias for a listing to be eligible like this one?

Capture d’écran 2021-08-02 162639.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think the official answer to this question is one of those "eBay secret algorithm" type deals. It seems to be triggered mainly when someone watches an item of yours, or has it in their cart for a period of time without pulling the trigger, as you mentioned. Apparently it will also trigger when someone is "heavily browsing" your item - I've heard it said that if someone looks at your listing 3 times in a short period of time (i.e. it seems like they may be interested in buying) then it gives you the option to send them an offer.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Like many things with eBay, reality strays from written policy. As @dinomitesales mentioned, its a "secret algorithm" that determines eligibility - one that is probably always being updated and changing, especially with how machine learning works these days.

If you have the option to send an offer, even if it doesn't meet written criteria, use it!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the answer. That's very weird they dont let us know all criterias and just share a part of the information... And it's written like it's legit the full information

I just received an offer from a buyer, i guess it was the same one that ebay offered me to send an offer. Ebay are illuminatis lmao

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As  new seller you are also in your probationary period.

Paypal would Hold cleared payments to new sellers for up to 21 days against their customer service. There were criteria that would shorten that period.

You are in Managed Payments and we are still learning the quirks of that program. Sharing anything you learn about payout to a new seller like your self would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply