Old messages and "watches"

1.   Old messages with buyers asking about listings and items I watched long ago are not cleared from the bell symbol, and I get still get reminders about those items I watched  long after those listings have ended.  Seems my summary page is not updated, visit counts will jump 10+ at a time if I look at one of my listings maybe to revise.  Anything I can do about that.

2.  I often get questions regarding sizes, so I always opt to show the question and answer in the listing.  That no longer appears at the bottom of the listing as in the past. Is that no longer available, or another glitch. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think there is a Weekly Chat tomorrow with @tyler of the dotCA staff.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The old Questions and Answers from individual buyers and sellers are gone on our listings, retired in favour of the new Q&A system where any buyer can ask any seller questions about an item which has a Product Identifier; all the answers get lumped in together on the assumption that the question is about the product and not the specific item in your hands.

I noticed it too a few weeks ago. It might have been nice if ebay had asked sellers first of we wanted to add that past history of questions and answers to our listings before it vanished altogether. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh, and to answer the first part of your post: I simply ignore that notification bell. It's too glitchy to be relevant to me with the issues that you identify. If I need to know something has happened, I know where to look to see it myself. It might be a different story if it actually worked instead of periodically notifying me of things not relevant for two weeks passed or more. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.  Merry Christmas, I'm done here, at least until the new year.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply