On Managed Payments - Why ebay forcing the shipping options on my buyers? Any way to control it?

I just switched to Managed Payments.

My listings have fixed fee for shipping within Canada and another fixed fee for shipping to US.  I used to select the one and only delivery service I include as part of the flat fee.

Now since I moved to MP, it all changed for my buyers.  My buyers are presented with what Ebay things should be the rates I should be charging because ebay things I should purchase Ebay labels.

For example, my shipping is flat 15 CAD

Ebay ignores that and instead gives the buyer the options:

Shipping standard ... 18+ CAD

Shipping expended ... 22+ CAD

Shipping express etc...

I am OK with Ebay giving the buyer more options but why ebay now completely ignores my setting in the listing, which was Standard shipping for 15 CAD. 

Of course that dissapoints the buyer who now has to pay 3 dollars more effectively for the same shipping service.

The reason I charge less for shipping is to be competitive and secondly I do get better rates (I don't ship with Canada Post.. Ebay somehow things I should be thrilled with Ebay offering me their Canada Post rates).

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

On Managed Payments - Why ebay forcing the shipping options on my buyers? Any way to control it?

hlmacdon
Community Member

That is weird. In the listing profile for each of your items does it still show the shipping type set to flat and only one service option? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

All my listings are flat. Maybe what happened is the flat shipping got dropped and replaced with Ebay shipping. The buyer had PO Box address and wanted me to cancel the sale (well before Managed Payments switch-over) and then had to relist the cancelled listing after the MP change-over cancelled and  the buyer purchased again. Who knows. I'll report if happens again.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply