Order glitch

Someone bought an item from me and the order duplicated. It's the same order number. One is written as paid and awaiting shipment, one is written as awaiting payment. Different purchase time. Never seen that. It's a single quantity listing. 

Not sure to understand what is going on here and what to do. I tried to cancel the one awaiting payment and it's written i would refund the amount, while it's unpaid... Should i just ship and ignore? 

Capture d’écran 2023-07-13 221857.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Order glitch

It does sound like a bizarre glitch. For now only worry about the one that is paid and ship that one out so the buyer is happy and you've done your part.

If the duplicate won't let you cancel it as you say, and is showing unpaid, try and ignore it, wait out the four days unpaid and you should be able to cancel it then (automatically can cancel after 4 days).

However if it's just a weird glitch maybe it will disappear after you mark it's twin shipped!?!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Order glitch

I agree, I would ignore it for now and see what happens.  It is probably a Thursday evening ebay maintenance glitch.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Order glitch

i would also just ignore it and ship the one that shows paid.  Make sure you weren't charged an extra set of fees on the one that is unpaid, although it's unlikely you were.

The way my sales have been going, i'd be thrilled to have a glitch like this to worry about.  July has been absolutely ghastly, sales-wise....virtually nothing this month.  Not sure if something's up with Ebay or it's just one of those things..

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Order glitch

myk221
Community Member

Funny thing is, that no one from customer service can override computer desigions.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Order glitch

Woke up this morning and the awaiting payment one disapeared. Just weird 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Order glitch

That's good! Sometimes things work out painlessly afterall (though certainly not always!)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply