Other Shippo users hitting a brick wall today?

Regardless of how many times I sync orders and refresh (a trick that has always worked in the past) my new orders won't show in the Shippo log to enable me to purchase and print postage from it. Super weird.

Of course, I could create a new order from scratch. Or use PayPal. 

I wondered if this was widespread or just me.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I think Shippo or eBay updated something recently, it disconnected all my eBay account permissions. To resolve it , go into shippo settings, re add permissions to each ebay account.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Bingo! Thanks. That advice exactly solved the problem. My pre-existing permissions had disconnected. It was under Settings and E-commerce Channels. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.47.22 AM.png

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I just checked mine and the new orders are all showing in Shippo.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Just curious and not in response to the issue at hand, but............  It looks like sellers are still using Shippo. When they discontinued the discount for the CPO I went back to PP shipping even though I prefer Shippo. Are Shippo shipping costs competitive after all?
I based my decision pretty much on what you guys said at the time but did I get that wrong?

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Shippo pricing is like PayPal pricing: it all depends on what level (tier) of savings the individual has with Canada Post through their solutions For Small Business account. Shippo lost the *extra* discount that it had through eBay when eBay lost the special extra discount deal they’d made with CPC.
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Currently for price:

Shippo = PayPal = Canada Post Solutions for Small Business online rate

Only real difference is that PayPal has fewer service choices (and tracked packet may still be missing for some countries on PayPal).

-..-

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Then I'll consider going back.

I've used the CPO site a few times because PP is missing a lot of services.  I keep finding ongoing issues with our P.O.'s site.   The worst part is printing out the label.  They seemed to have the problem solved but a few days ago it was right back to square one.  

Just can't get those labels to print without a problem and when you've paid for the label and are trying to get out the door to ship on time it's over-the-top annoying to deal with.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

I agree; I find Shippo currently offers the service with fewest mess-ups and sources of irritation.
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

There may be a possible solution for if you are having issues with printing your mailing label from home. It is possible to send a code to a cell phone and they can print your label when you arrive at postal outlet. Details & link below.

Take control and Ship Online

Prepare your package at home and ship it across Canada, to the US or anywhere in the world. Create, pay for and print your shipping label online. Then drop it off at any post office. Don’t have a printer? Prepare and purchase your label online, then visit a post office with your email receipt on your mobile device – we’ll print the label for you.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/sending/parcels/ship-online.page

-CM

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Thank You.  I had no idea that could be done.  Doesn't work for me right now because currently I'm dropping all my items in the Red Box, but that's good to know and might help for some items in the future.

Of course CPO could just fix the problem.   Their only job is shipping and since they're pushing so hard to get sellers to use their online shipping tools you'd think they'd get the bugs out.

This has been an issue for  years and it boggles the mind why it hasn't fixed yet.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

I personally use Shippo for 95% of my postage. When I've gone to use CPC in the past for the balance, I've either had issues with not being able to print or the system timing out in the middle and having to start again. Most annoying when you are attempting to get something to the post office at the end of the day. Sometimes a simple reset of a computer/printer will help, but not always. Yes, it would be very nice if it worked all the time no problem. Sadly, not the case. Hope you are able to figure out what is causing the problem at your end.

-CM

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Shippo doesn't have any of the orders I had since October... very frustrating!!

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

What?! Nothing since October. I have three labels to purchase beginning pre-dawn tomorrow; I’m going to be cheesed if Shippo is acting up.

You can still Create an Order not associated with eBay (even when it is) by clicking something at top right if memory serves.
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

On the your goshippo Orders page did you try clicking on Sync orders ?

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

On the your goshippo Orders page did you try clicking on Sync orders ?

Yes, I must have done it at least 10 times. Nothing appears. And when I create an order, I get an error message saying the rates cannot be calculated or something (don't remember the exact words). I tried that option 3 times, still the same error message. I wanted to use Shippo to buy insurance, but I was forced to use PayPal and buy third party insurance at a higher cost. Really frustrating!!

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

This is stupid; there's something wrong with Shippo; I have no new orders showing after halfway through Dec 9. 

tyler@ebay, can you look into what Shippo did on Dec 8/9 to wreck our ability yo use it? Might it have had something to do with getting ready for new postage rates?

Or does the problem lay with something ebay did about then? 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

I'm not getting that same Create Order error that you describe, Shippo is still allowing me to do Create a postage label like I would have to if I were using SnapShip directly. Or at least it has twice now.

We cannot be the only two people seeing this problem; does it affect other Shippo users? If not, why us? If it is widespread, why isn't anyone else reporting it?

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I think Shippo or eBay updated something recently, it disconnected all my eBay account permissions. To resolve it , go into shippo settings, re add permissions to each ebay account.
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Bingo! Thanks. That advice exactly solved the problem. My pre-existing permissions had disconnected. It was under Settings and E-commerce Channels. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.47.22 AM.png

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

try disable and re enable your shippo eBay authorization. if no avail then you probable just have to use Canada post directly or use  a third party shipping service like paypal or Shipvista.com

Also you probably can call eBay or shippo customer service for help

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I'll try that when I get home from work. Hopefully, it will solve the problem for future shipments.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply