Overseas listings are a mess as well

Has any one looked at any overseas sellers listings to see what they look like.

I tried a few and they are a mess with descriptions and links to pictures.

Let me know if you have the same issues.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I just checked a few overseas sellers of items I regularly search for, and nothing seems out of the ordinary from what I've seen.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

See what you get with this item   192333152116

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

This is what I see on my end.

2017-10-19.png

2017-10-19 (1).png

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

On .ca, I don't see the pictures, but the text is there.

However, on .com, I see the "See full item description" link.

I'm on a desktop.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I'm on a desk top as well.

I guess it means there is no consistency anywhere with Ebay any more.

It certainly won't help buyers or sellers.

Thanks for checking

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Your colleague talks too much.

Maybe that's why there is no room for his pictures.

Does he use Gallery View?

Most of his Terms of Sale are covered by the Shipping and Handling tab.

He should be able to set up multiple purchase shipping so that chart is unnecessary as well as unenforceable.

I guess you've been dealing with him for a long time. I suspect he hasn't updated his templates in over a decade.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Well that was interesting.

I just looked the lot up on my iPhone. Never done that before.

If you like him, you should tell him to do the same.

No pictures. No Item specifics. No Terms of Sale (which is probably a blessing). No description whatsoever.

Just the title, one picture of the album, none of the contents, And the description is the weight of the album (useless for anyone not in the Netherlands) and no actual shipping cost.

I really hope none of his customers use mobiles for shopping, because they will be ignoring him.

He can put up to 12 pictures in Gallery, why does he put them in the (invisible) description?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

No pictures. No Item specifics. No Terms of Sale (which is probably a blessing). No description whatsoever.

Just the title, one picture of the album, none of the contents, And the description is the weight of the album (useless for anyone not in the Netherlands) and no actual shipping cost.

I really hope none of his customers use mobiles for shopping, because they will be ignoring him.

He can put up to 12 pictures in Gallery, why does he put them in the (invisible) description?

He has pictures of every page in the albums in the listings, no matter how many pages there are. You can actually see what you are purchasing.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@reallynicestamps

Could you check it on your cell again.

Listings seem to be normal again on my PC.

Thank you

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Not sure this helps, but I have noticed when listing there is a icon/link next to the top of the descriptions Called "Mobility Checker" or something like that. I click it and it reports any errors in the formatting of the  listing that may show up on a mobile phone.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

It's normal on my desktop too.

The problem is that if his customers are looking on a phone, they see nothing.

According to eBay and to Amazon, over half of their transactions are now done with phones.

He may be missing some good sales if he hasn't seen what his customers see.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It's normal on my desktop too.

The problem is that if his customers are looking on a phone, they see nothing.

According to eBay and to Amazon, over half of their transactions are now done with phones.

He may be missing some good sales if he hasn't seen what his customers see.

Thanks for checking.

I did get an email back and was told they will get their tech people to see about the phone problem.

I am sure there are many out there who have no idea what their listings look like on a cell phone.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

If you want to see how your listings get rendered on mobile, install Google Chrome, then install the extension Chrome UA Spoofer. You can use this extension to force Chrome to render your listing as it would look on the specified device.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

and was told they will get their tech people to see about the phone problem.

Well, la di dah!

Ach, I'm feeling old and cynical.

I'm mentally translating that into, "Oh gee, does anyone I know have a smartphone? Maybe the kid at the coffee shop on the corner?"

Mind you today I spent some time with a ninny customer (not eBay) who insisted on texting me on my landline. Even after I told him it was a landline. And he was texting, I can only assume, on a phone.

Kids.....

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

and was told they will get their tech people to see about the phone problem.

Well, la di dah!

Ach, I'm feeling old and cynical.

I'm mentally translating that into, "Oh gee, does anyone I know have a smartphone? Maybe the kid at the coffee shop on the corner?"

Mind you today I spent some time with a ninny customer (not eBay) who insisted on texting me on my landline. Even after I told him it was a landline. And he was texting, I can only assume, on a phone.

Kids.....

Other than working around the latest outsourced ebay bugs, the vast majority of my wasted time on ebay is due to mobile phone usage. I may be getting old as well but it is getting to the point that a smartphone driver's license should be required in order to get a contract with any carrier. I have to laugh when ebay says they will get their tech people on anything. I half wonder if that involves a telegram to some far flung corner of the world.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Some days I think selling online is making me old before my time....
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Some days I think selling online is making me old before my time....

If you sell on a marketplace, definitely.You spend less time actually dealing with the business of selling and more time dealing with issues introduced by the marketplace. The part that really gets to me is there is generally zero ROI on the time spent with whatever latest change, required fix, or bug you need to implement or handhold a buyer through as none of it leads to increased sales. That would be fine if there was actual activity to improve things but all we get is the latest impossible promise like guaranteed delivery in x! or 365 day return policy! rather than any actual fixes or innovation. The only changes just compress sellers margins. Is it bad that I liken the average ebay seller experience these days to what the nascent ecommerce market in North Korea must look like?

Thankfully we won't have to worry about this for long as ebay will eventually outsource sellers like it has the rest of the company and have a team in some corner of the world that automatically sets your selling price for you.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply