PayPal Launches Shipping Solution for Canadian Sellers

Does anybody know anything about this?

I saw this on ecommercebytes.com

Canadian sellers shipping to US shoppers are at a disadvantage when it comes to shipping rates and delivery time. PayPal launched a new shipping solution on Wednesday for Canadian sellers that it says can save them 75% in shipping costs.Multichannel sellers can import their orders into the tool, and PayPal Canada said tracking links are available for every parcel.

.....This new shipping solution gives Canadian business owners a strong incentive to reach beyond the nation’s borders. In an effort to save small business owners’ money, PayPal has partnered with netParcel, a Toronto-based technology company that provides access to discounted shipping rates.

Shipping through PayPal is available now to all our Canadian customers. For more information, visit http://paypal.ca/shipping.

SOURCE: PayPal Press Release via Newswire.ca

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: PayPal Launches Shipping Solution for Canadian Sellers

@teenytrinkets wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would use this service when we have ChitChats?
Are there more drop off locations making it more convenient?

netParcel is a broker, so you would be picking one of the shippers from their discounted list. If I picked UPS or FedEx, both have drop-off locations I could walk to (weather permitting). While ChitChatsExpress is 2 cities away from me.

I did check a couple of recent shipments using netparcel's calculator and found Canada Post to be competitive, so found no incentive to switch (at least for those sales).

-..-

Message 21 of 21
latest reply