Paying Outstanding Fees Before Being Invoiced (after MP)

Just the other day I paid my Ebay fees from Paypal.  It left one sale - my last sale on Ebay - fees outstanding.

I used to be able to pay outstanding fees before they were invoiced.  I tried to do that today, to clear my account completely before leaving Ebay as a seller.

It came up with the notice that the amount due was 0.00 (because I had paid the invoice), but if I wanted to pay everything outstanding it was $27.80.

I chose yes and chose Paypal from the available methods of payment.

After doing the Paypal thing it went back to Ebay and I received the message 

OVERPAYMENT OF THE AMOUNT DUE IS NOT ALLOWED.

Lol.

I have a feeling that this is because between paying the invoice and trying to pay this last amount I did their MP signup (partially).  I have zero intention of using MP or selling on Ebay any more but I was curious to see just what the signup process entailed and asked of me.

I did not enter banking info, I chose 'will do that later' or whatever it said.  No intention of ever entering it.

As you can see from the screenshots, there is no credit card or chequing account linked to my account.

My question is, did anyone that has been with MP for awhile see this, and was it a case of waiting till that $27.80 actually shows on an invoice and then I will be able to use my Paypal to pay it?  If so, that's fine.  Seems stupid on ebays part but I can live with it.

If they are going to wait and say I have to use a credit card or chequing account to pay then they are going to be waiting a long time for their money.

Anyone else see these and if so how did it play out?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Paying Outstanding Fees Before Being Invoiced (after MP)

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

 Forgo t the screenshots 🙂

Message 2 of 2
latest reply