Payments on hold under new ID

I have been selling since 2002, I set up a new ID in 2018 and gave it up a few months later.  I revisited it as I wanted to sell and be paid in Canadian Funds not US as I have under this ID. 

These listings are mostly for Cdn buyers.  I sold a couple of items  this week and my payment is on hold.  I called ebay and they told me that it is on hold until the buyer leaves feedback.   Problem is both of these buyers do not leave feedback.  They told me to email the buyers to leave feedback when they get the item to release the funds.   WWYD? on hold.jpgWWYD?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't think that information was accurate. If it's a hold because that ID is 'new' they should release the funds when the tracking shows the item is delivered or 7 days after the estimated delivery date if the item was marked as shipped.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold-managed-pa...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, they told me I would have to wait 30 days after the sale for them to release the money if the buyer did not leave feedback. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My understanding which is old and may no longer be accurate is that new accounts face a 21 day hold. I thought the "funds released after feedback" was only in the US and that here in Canada it's a hard 21 days.

This would apply to new accounts or accounts that have been inactive for more than a year.

WWYD? I'd wait patiently until my funds were released.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Well as soon as one of my buyers left feedback ( I requested and told it was due to  hold)  they released my funds.  So in order to get my funds, tracking needs to show delivered, or feedback left or a certain time period has elapsed usually a month.  funds released.jpgconfirm.jpg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

It is a bit of a process for a new ID to make it to instant payment.  It is a neccessary evil to inhibit the crooked hit and run artists.  As usual, the majority of honest folks are affected because of the 5-10% ahole factor.

I started selling lower value items that were surplus to our crafting stuff a few months before I retired when I planned to start selling of my stashes  of accummulations and went through the hold stuff.  There is also the slowly increasing listing limits starting at 10 per month.  I still have a limit on the amount I can list but it is so high it is moot for me (990 items per month).   

Best advice for a new ID it to plan for a ramp up over a few months as you clear these steps.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply