Payout declined

keji-33
Community Member

I sold an item early January yet eBay has been having trouble sending payment to my bank account (Bank of Montreal, Canada). The latest attempt was at Jan 14 and has once again been declined. eBay customer service was never available every time I try to contact. Anyone here in the same boat? TBH: eBay managed payment is a complete joke. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Payout declined

@keji-33 wrote:

I sold an item early January yet eBay has been having trouble sending payment to my bank account (Bank of Montreal, Canada). The latest attempt was at Jan 14 and has once again been declined. eBay customer service was never available every time I try to contact. Anyone here in the same boat? TBH: eBay managed payment is a complete joke. 

Have you spoken to your bank about it? If they are the ones rejecting the transfer they would be the ones who know the reason why.

Personally I've had zero problems with payouts to my Simplii (CIBC) account, 12 weeks, 12 payouts, all received in my account the same day.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

Great... I bank with BMO, too. I haven't signed up for MP yet, and quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to it!

Is your BMO bank account a chequing account? I wonder if that makes a difference? Does your name and address on ebay match exactly to your bank account? There could be some sort of verification process that's failing upon attempting the transfer.

I'm thinking ebay will be of no help anyway - they probably have no idea how any of that works. I'd definitely check with the bank... good luck! Keep us posted!
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

Is your BMO bank account a chequing account? I wonder if that makes a difference?

It has to be a chequing account.  As you suggested it is also a good idea to check that their name on their account account and bank account are the same.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

Broken as of Jan 11th, currently waiting on $4000. Continuous Payout Failed messages updated daily. Customer service is broken. Bank is TD, nothing has changed since the 16th.

Last successful payouts :

Jan 5 $900

Jan 1 $580

Dec 31 $11

Dec 16 - $1300 (When I switched from Paypal.)

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

I'd suggest adding this to tomorrow's Chat with tyler@ebay 

That is both a ridiculous delay and a ridiculous amount of money to have on Hold.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

yes ,last 3 payments were declined...still waiting...ebay owes me over 500.00

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

ive had managed payments for over a month now, everything was fine untill the last 3 payments, they have not gone through,...i get this message  -Declined Waiting for retry- i have over 500 bucks owed to me by ebay. ive been on the phone with them and they said they will retry....im starting to get worried as i found out others have been waiting months where ebay has been holding thousands of dollars for months, has anyone else had this problem? should i stop shipments until money goes into the bank?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

banks dont know about it.they will tell you its an ebay problem......ive called

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

Yes, this happened to me too today.  Signed up with managed payments a month ago like a good boy when asked . Now today I received the same message. No money...Kind of takes the fun out of listing. Yes, my bank account is a chequing account.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

Hi. I'm wondering if any of you who experienced this have found a resolution. Today (Feb 23) I still haven't rec'd a cent from sales.  I did get the same error message again today...Are you all still waiting? Thanks

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

I have had the same issue with Bank of Montreal except the message I get is this is an old account, please update. I have called customer service 9 times since October as they are still holding onto my payouts. It would be nice if their employees knew the system instead of sending the person from department to department. Issue is still not resolved and now the problem has been handed to my lawyer as they owe me a ton of $$
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Payout declined

Payout failed... so glad it was only $25 bucks... Never going to sell on ebay or buy on ebay again.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply