Payouts on hold till account details updated

EBay has put my payouts on hold till account details are updated. What’s really aggravating is over a month ago I updated the required info, sent in a copy of driver’s license but they kept sending emails and there is a red banner is still . Called “customer service” multiple times and they informed me all is fine I did everything that is required, that payouts will not be affected it’s just a “glitch”. Well here we are payouts are on hold. eBay has truly the worst customer service I have ever seen.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Spoke with a eBay rep from Ireland solved the issue in 10 mins. Moral of the story if you call customer service and they answer in broken English hang up till you hear an Irish accent.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

For the record of us busybodies fellow sellers here, would you be willing to share what the problem was?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Not even sure myself what the problem was. As mentioned a month ago a red warning banner appeared requesting that I update my account details by Oct 18 or my payouts would be placed on hold. So I followed their link updated the stakeholder info multiple times but the warnings kept coming emails etc. Must have called eBay 5 separate times always a different story. Oh your birthday doesn’t match your drivers licence or everything is fine sir your payouts are still scheduled to proceed it’s just a technical glitch. The Irish rep at least made the annoying red banner go away. Just checked and can see my payments are still listed as processing though with no scheduled date for release as of yet.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Don't phone.

Use social media which are actually covered by eBay 's own trained employees.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Social media is usually more helpful but they told me this is a managed payments issue that need to be phoned in.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Did they give you a dedicated number? Because most of the phone clerks are poorly trained, have no authority and work for a subcontractor in Utah.

We did have an oral conversation with an eBay employee (who phoned us after Chatting with a Facebook person)  which did solve our multiple problems last year.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hey ebay if you could kindly release my funds that you are currently holding hostage, even though I was proactive and did everything you asked of me that would be greatly appreciated. So you know I could like pay bills and continue on as a viable business entity, crazy I know eh?

Seeing that my $ is still currently still tied up in "processing" I wasted more time contacting your facebook rep on Oct 30 who told me I need to update my account details again 🙄 and provided me a link to have a ebay rep call back who later informed me, no no everything is fine. He also said with 100% certainty that I would see the $ move from "processing" to available on Oct 31 which did not happen and there are currently no available payouts scheduled! 

I do see that the available funds have a negative balance due to a cancelled order however even though there is more than enough stuck in "processing" to cover it.

Hate to go public like this but I gave you guys more than enough opportunities to correct this discreetly. I don't know who else to contact. I'm wasting my time with the social media/phone reps and you guys want to attract professional sellers ? Why not provide competent customer service then.

ebay.JPG

Message 8 of 8
latest reply