Phishing Email - 500 Free Listings?

Can anyone confirm they got a targeted 500 free listings email?

I was ready to click it - but then went to make sure it was in my ebay messages, and it was not!

On closer examination, I noticed that my ebay ID is not present.

It is from ebay Canada.  Looks totally legit to me, I can't find anything wrong with it, other than my ID not being present.

EDIT:  I just saw that other people got this email so it's legit.  But strange that it was not in my messages and didn't have my ebay ID???

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I could be wrong but I don't think that promo's ever have an ebay ID on it as they are very generic messages. 

You can check your promos on sellers hub on the overview page...it will tell you if you have been invited to use any promos and how many free listings you have left.   If you use my ebay instead of sellers hub, I'm sure that info is there as well.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

it's rare for me to get an email message about a promo but when I do they are usually personalized (include my user id and name).

The info IS in the Hub, it's on the Overview page by default, if it's not there then you need to use "customize" to make it show up.

There is a 500 listing promo that started on the 24th and runs until Sunday, not everyone got it.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Whoops, started on the 26th and ends on the 1st

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yup, only a couple days left on this one. I've yet to receive an email or message about it but it showed up in promos fine.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

i usually never get an invite through messages, it is usually through this board that i find out about them,, and than i may qualify for about 1 in 8 of them..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply