Positive Thought on Managed Payment

Well , i think there not enough idea, a lot of whinning, me being first. But then i remember, we alway are reticent to change , but we should not . Mainly the concern of privacy ,is not one. I think its the fact we cant get the money directly. And for small seller it can be an issue somethime. But being a Ebay member for a while ,i can definittly say they are putting effort into having a customer service . They did not , for years. Its up to us to bring back the shine on ebay i think. If we all tell them., give us option to oay to have it faster,do parnership to add payment app like ecopayz as method of payment . In the end If i sell more , at one point , fees arent an issue . I just hope they are in a learning curve as to the algorythm they use to divide buyers , and how theyre search engine give apropiriate answer as it seems my post sometime are harder to find for no apparent reason.

I just want to be positive, because the fact is , we are Ebay in the End

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@lastofthehippies 

I think privacy is a huge concern. Yes, you can have a separate bank account for just eBay but the payment money is still making more transfer trips than it did when it was sent directly to PayPal. One transfer to PayPal and then the seller is in charge of where it goes from there.  With Managed Payments unless the buyer pays with PayPal, the money goes overseas to Ayden in the Netherlands, then all the way back to eBay, then finally to the sellers bank account.  If the seller is only utilizing that account for eBay money then they need to transfer it one more time (if it is an online account ) to somewhere they can spend it. So you are looking at 4 money transfers for what used to be only 1 or 2 at the most with PayPal.  If you don't think that 4 money transfers are riskier than 1 to 2, I believe you should think again. You are giving savvy hackers at least double the chance of grabbing it. A lot of people have been recommending using Tangerine as an online account because of no fees. Just recently however they have had breaches in some of their accounts. So please everyone, I urge you to think carefully and decide if you are willing to take that extra risk. I for one am not. In today's money grabbing world hacking is becoming a big issue  Most sellers work hard for their money. To have it disappear just like that is not something anyone wants to happen. 

If by privacy you meant something else please clarify and sorry for the long response.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

utilizing that account for eBay money then they need to transfer it one more time (if it is an online account ) to somewhere they can spend it.

Yes buyer->PP-> seller-> bank was simple.

OTOH-- my online account sent me a debit card, so spending money in the Real World is easy. Not so much spending money online (which I used my PP balance for) and particularly not on eBay.

I chose an online bank that I have no other accounts with, and none with its parent bank.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply