Problem with Calculated Shipping

I've been having this problem for a while now, but I was finally able to get a Ebay agent to listen to my problem and report it to the support team.  I was wondering if this is individual problem or if this is happening to everyone.  

In my Shipping Preferences I have it set to show Canada Post and FedEx discounted rates, however this is not showing to the buyer when they visit the listing.  For large shipments the difference in price is significant and I'm sure is dissuading people from purchasing.  For Canada Post the price difference should be at least 20% cheaper and for FedEx it should be 60% or more cheaper.

The Shipping Calculator is also messed up and rarely works.

Just wondering how many others this is effecting?

Price Canada Buyer SeesPrice Canada Buyer SeesCanada Price Buyer Should SeeCanada Price Buyer Should SeePrice USA Buyer SeesPrice USA Buyer SeesShipping Calculator For USA BrokenShipping Calculator For USA BrokenSettingsSettings

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Pretty sure those shipping discount options are in beta test on ebay.ca

What I currently see for shipping preferences does not allow ebay rates, just flat percentages.

Will be nice when ebay gets it properly rolled out.

the old preferencesthe old preferences

-;-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thx for the reply.  If you click on Edit next to the "Offer carrier-specific discounts to buyers" does it not allow you to Enable them?  

Also if you don't mind could you check if the Ebay shipping calculator for FebEX  works for you?  Mine doesn't show any options.  FedEx offers deeply discounted rates, but they seem to fluctuate based on size, but it seems there is no way to see the cost before shipping since the calculator is broken.

I also found this discussion about FedEx, seems it has been a problem for a while now. https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Fed-Ex-shipping-rates/td-p/488177 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@craigaarondurling wrote:

Thx for the reply.  If you click on Edit next to the "Offer carrier-specific discounts to buyers" does it not allow you to Enable them?  

You can only set a flat rate discount (5%, 10%, etc) on eBay Canada. There's no option to offer the proper discounted rates.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply