Problem with Winning Bidder Address

I was wondering if someone could give me clarification regarding a winning bidder's address.  I am in Canada as is the buyer who was the high bidder on one of my auctions.

She e-mailed to ask the cost of shipping to her Canadian address before the auction ended and mentioned that she was registered on the dot com site.  I obviously missed what she meant because she did become the winning bidder and when I went to send her the adjusted invoice I noticed her registered address was in the US.  (she made no mention of two addresses just wanted to know what shipping was to this address and that she was registered on the dot com site).

My question is twofold, is it correct that I need to ship to the registered address on both Paypal and Ebay to be covered by buyer protection on both sites and is it possible for her register a second Canadian address on both sites.  I thought it was possible, but I needed to confirm.

In addition she e-mailed to say she had temporarily changed her registered address to the Canadian address but was going to change it back to the US address after I sent the invoice.

Would that cover me sufficiently?  I would tend to think the address would need to be permanently registered on both sites.

the auction was on the dot come site.

thank you in advance for any insight and advice on how I should proceed.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For Seller Protection purposes you should ship to the address provided with the payment.

The default shipping address shown to sellers PRIOR to payment is whatever the user has set as their eBay Primary Shipping Address. When they go through checkout they can change it to any address they want.

If they have a US PayPal account they may not be able to add a Canadian Address, in this situation they should enter it as an alternate shipping address in their eBay account first (or make it the primary).

In eBay you can add addresses in any country, in PayPal you can only add addresses within your own country.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

For Seller Protection purposes you should ship to the address provided with the payment.

The default shipping address shown to sellers PRIOR to payment is whatever the user has set as their eBay Primary Shipping Address. When they go through checkout they can change it to any address they want.

If they have a US PayPal account they may not be able to add a Canadian Address, in this situation they should enter it as an alternate shipping address in their eBay account first (or make it the primary).

In eBay you can add addresses in any country, in PayPal you can only add addresses within your own country.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you that explains it clearly for me.   She was able to change the address to her Canadian one and it showed on the invoice as updated before I sent it to her.  I also checked the payment received on paypal and it does show I am covered if shipped to the Canadian address that shows on the payment page.

Thanks again, your help and explanation is appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply