Put stores on vacation or extend handling time? How?

After reading another thread here, it occurred to me that instead of putting my stores on vacation for 1 or 2 days if I have to go out of town, I could just extend my handling time by a day or two. Because I have never changed my handling time in 10 years could someone refresh my memory as to how I do this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to change it by using the  bulk edit function.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes it works with bulk editing. I just tried, here is the screencaps Smiley Happy

handling.jpg

And then from there you can choose how many business days you want to change to. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It was many years ago that sellers would put their stores on vacation for several hours....  overnight as an example.

In so doing they felt that the search engine was stimulated and their listings were promoted.

Putting your store on vacation  would most likely be less work than doing a Bulk Edit to adjust handling time

First to make it longer, and then to revise it back  to what it is today.

A few days on vacation may be the best option.... in the long run.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You may be right about just putting on vacation being faster. Bulk listing over 500 items could be time consuming at 30 items a time. BTW, I've never heard about putting on vacation to stimulate sales, I find sales stop for about a week after removing my vacation holds. I did do that with my RSS feeds many years ago. Not sure if it helped though.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

You may be right about just putting on vacation being faster. Bulk listing over 500 items could be time consuming at 30 items a time. BTW, I've never heard about putting on vacation to stimulate sales, I find sales stop for about a week after removing my vacation holds. I did do that with my RSS feeds many years ago. Not sure if it helped though.

Bulk editor can do 500 (max) at one time in Selling Manager. In My eBay probably 500 too but at least 100 or 200 at a time.

As for vacation stimulating sales, it has been reported a few times over the past few years that when a store went on vacation it stimulated sales. No proof of this as hard to prove.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Changing your Handling Time via Bulk Edit is the way to do it. That's the way I do it. 

It will, by accident, knock-off your Best Offer Auto-Accept or Auto-Declines and remove all your Markdowns as a side effect.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply