Question About Tracked Packet and Insurance Coverage

Things are constantly changing and so this is just a check-up.

Does anyone know if Tracked Packet $100 insurance means that the item is insured for $100 or is it insured for $100 plus shipping?  (That's the way it used to be.)

That is:  If the item price is $100 and shipping cost is $50 is the insurance for a total of $100 or $150?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sylviebee wrote:

Does anyone know if Tracked Packet $100 insurance means that the item is insured for $100 or is it insured for $100 plus shipping?  (That's the way it used to be.)

That is:  If the item price is $100 and shipping cost is $50 is the insurance for a total of $100 or $150?

As I understand it:

If the item is lost -- cost of shipping refunded + cost of item to a maximum of $100.

If the item is damaged -- cost of item to a maximum of $100, not sure what happens to the shipping cost since it was delivered (have never needed to file a damage claim so I do not know what Canada Post weaseling applies for this type of claim).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@sylviebee wrote:

As I understand it:

If the item is lost -- cost of shipping refunded + cost of item to a maximum of $100.

If the item is damaged -- cost of item to a maximum of $100, not sure what happens to the shipping cost since it was delivered (have never needed to file a damage claim so I do not know what Canada Post weaseling applies for this type of claim).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply