Question about Store Types

I have a Premium Store and my subscription ends today.

I'm thinking of downgrading to a Basic store and subscribing for the year.

Does anyone know how it works if I decide to upgrade back to a Premium store in a month or two?

I think what I'd like is midway between the two so the decision isn't clear to me yet, but it probably will be after a month or two.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is this any help?

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

You may prefer to put the cheaper store on a month to month since you are considering upgrading later.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you femme.  Yes that helps.  It also shows the reason I'm stuck.   My cost for a premium vs basic store is almost identical.

One benefit of having a store is that we get redused FVFs.   Does anyone know if that reduction is true for listings over the store limit as well?

That is, for Basic store the limit is 250 listings and about a cost for items over 250.   Does the FVF discount apply to all listings or only the first 250?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What I'm mainly wondering about is the early termination fee if I switch from one type to another type of store.

(Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to decide.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

Thank you femme.  Yes that helps.  It also shows the reason I'm stuck.   My cost for a premium vs basic store is almost identical.

One benefit of having a store is that we get redused FVFs.   Does anyone know if that reduction is true for listings over the store limit as well?

That is, for Basic store the limit is 250 listings and about a cost for items over 250.   Does the FVF discount apply to all listings or only the first 250?

My understanding is that that reduced FVF is not limited to listings but is designated to the subscriber.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I think I have always always always exceeded my subscription allotment of listings shortly after upgrading. For me, I'm stuck at this level for awhile. At least the extra listings are only a dime a piece, and I've moved many of the slower sellers to auction in order to keep them available but not eat into my BIN counts. I wasn't using any of my Auction allotments anyway. 

I don't mind having free Auctions monthly since I have used that format to clear out overstock and as loss leaders BUT it might be nice if ebay allowed us to create our own split of BIN and Auctions. Instead of 1000 BIN and 500 Auctions, I'd gladly shift to 1400 BIN and actually (want to) use 100 Auctions. 

But that's pie-in-the-sky dreaming at this point.

My Store renews tomorrow. I have thought long and hard about cancelling it altogether specifically over seller photos being stolen for the Product Catalogue, but the big thing stopping me form doing that is that I don't have an alternative site up and running... yet. I am so disappointed about that corporate decision. Like I said elsewhere, it is a deal-breaker for me. First, I will try to fight it. (While I get a Plan B working.) 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking this.

I'm going to be listing fewer items gradually getting down to about 200 or so.  I'm trying to plan for that.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

So I guess we have until midnight today to decide?  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Their midnight. EST or is it PST?
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Eastern Standard for eBay Canada.

Pacific for eBay USA.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply