Question about managed payment card

I have just found that my credit card on eBay has expired. When I am asked to join MP, so I need to bank account to have a credit card? The one I use now is my husbands, but I have never had to use it. My bank account now doesn't have a cc.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@triber wrote:

I have just found that my credit card on eBay has expired. When I am asked to join MP, so I need to bank account to have a credit card? The one I use now is my husbands, but I have never had to use it. My bank account now doesn't have a cc.

Hi @triber!

When you are asked to join managed payments the only thing that they'll be looking for is that the information on your bank account matches the information on your eBay account (in the same names, etc). 

It's also important to note that the bank account is only used to send your money to you - it wouldn't be used to make any kind of payment unless you choose to do so. You are still able to use a credit card in managed payments (even one not in your name) to pay your eBay invoice. 

I hope that helps!

Also, required disclaimers below:

As someone who is not an expert on managed payments I may not be able to address your question in its entirety. If you have been notified to register for managed payments you are able to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page.

The information provided is accurate as of today's date (14 August 2020) but may become outdated in the future. If you are reading this at a later date please consider checking the Help Pages or request a call back from a managed payments teammate who can provide the most up to date information.

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@triber wrote:

Hi @triber!

When you are asked to join managed payments the only thing that they'll be looking for is that the information on your bank account matches the information on your eBay account (in the same names, etc). 

It's also important to note that the bank account is only used to send your money to you - it wouldn't be used to make any kind of payment unless you choose to do so. You are still able to use a credit card in managed payments (even one not in your name) to pay your eBay invoice. 

I hope that helps!

Also, required disclaimers below:

As someone who is not an expert on managed payments I may not be able to address your question in its entirety. If you have been notified to register for managed payments you are able to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page.

The information provided is accurate as of today's date (14 August 2020) but may become outdated in the future. If you are reading this at a later date please consider checking the Help Pages or request a call back from a managed payments teammate who can provide the most up to date information.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much Tyler, that is just what I needed to know.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply