Random question for ya

Can a buyer purchase an item you listed on .com (American dollars) and an item you listed on .ca (Canada dollars) in the same transaction, or would it have to be two separate transactions? Assume international shipping is set up and the buyer is in Canada, and can see the .ca listing for an item, and also wants to buy a .com listed item by the same seller.

This is hypothetical, I am just curious. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Random question for ya

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

Can a buyer purchase an item you listed on .com (American dollars) and an item you listed on .ca (Canada dollars) in the same transaction, or would it have to be two separate transactions? Assume international shipping is set up and the buyer is in Canada, and can see the .ca listing for an item, and also wants to buy a .com listed item by the same seller.

This is hypothetical, I am just curious. Thanks.

You can't physically combine on shipping or send a revised invoice if listings are created on the different sites. You could cancel 1 and relist on the same site or just create a combined listing specifically for them. 

-Lotz

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Random question for ya

You can't combine the invoices, and your buyer can't combine the payments, since they are in different currencies.

So you will be paying the non-refundable service fee of 30c on each payment.

But you can combine and ship the purchases together.

I actually had this happen this weekend. One sale on dotCA, two on dotCOM, and a delay in paying for one of the dotCOM pending the answer to a question. The books are going out in the same package to catch the 2 pm pickup.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply