Re: Winter 2023 Update - Gallery Plus Increase Discrepancy

Just as an FYI for anyone that uses the Gallery plus feature on a regular basis. You may want to check your bills. (Topic was closed for questions.)

Changes to Optional Listing Upgrades

Starting April 1, 2023, Bold and Gallery Plus listing upgrade fees will no longer be based on the auction starting price or Buy it Now item price. Both optional listing upgrades will be charged one low fee, regardless of the starting price or item price. As a reminder, scheduled listings and Buy it Now upgrades for auction-format listings are already free for all Canadian eBay sellers.

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1675790864823.png

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1675790737458.png

This is what I am already seeing as of Feb 1, 2023 for Gallery plus (Fixed Price listing). Note there are a very limited number of categories it can be used in for free vs billed. Any applicable tax would/should be after the fact.  If you use this feature on a regular basis the .05 + taxes could add up.

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1675790990309.png

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I don't think that has anything to do with the new update since that isn't the new price.

devon@ebay 

1. Why is the gallery price showing as $1.05 in a Fixed Price listing as shown in the screenshot in the first post? It is supposed to be $1.

2.  I had asked in the winter update thread about this but you haven't replied.  The US update shows that stores won't be charged an extra fee for scheduling an auction or for adding a BIN on an auction.   That wasn't shown on  the .ca update.  Is that benefit for .ca store owners as well?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't think that has anything to do with the new update since that isn't the new price.

devon@ebay 

1. Why is the gallery price showing as $1.05 in a Fixed Price listing as shown in the screenshot in the first post? It is supposed to be $1.

2.  I had asked in the winter update thread about this but you haven't replied.  The US update shows that stores won't be charged an extra fee for scheduling an auction or for adding a BIN on an auction.   That wasn't shown on  the .ca update.  Is that benefit for .ca store owners as well?

@pjcdn2005 

devon@ebay 

Will anyone that has been charged incorrectly be credited automatically or will they have to persue on their own? And how long has this been going on for? Charges tend to come through very quickly vs eBay discrepancies tend to take longer to be corrected or even acknowledged.

-Lotz 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am in Ontario and mine shows $1.13 so i tend to thing the tax is added on at point ? I dont use this feature so cant say to charges

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I bet that you are righ,they are including gst/hst. It is like that on the listing page for other listing upgrades too.  I haven't ever used those options so didn't notice that.  I wonder if it was like that in the past or recently changed?   I always assumed the tax wouldn't show up until the seller was billed.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

When you use a listing upgrade you are billed immediately inclusing applicable taxes.

If you run out of free listings when you use a non-free listing taxes are added to the listing fee immediately.

I don't really know of a situation anymore where eBay does not "bill" immediately, that all went away with Managed Payments.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm in the US and we have always had the Gallery Plus $1 fee waived, in certain catgories of our "Good Til Cancelled" listings - mainly in the collectibles categories.  Starting this morning, 2/15/23, we started getting charged $1 on every listings.  We have over 2000 listings... so this is just a really sketchy situation.  We have bulk edited our store as soon as we humanly could, to remove this antiquated "feature", which isn't worth paying anything for.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@arenaaccessories wrote:

I'm in the US and we have always had the Gallery Plus $1 fee waived, in certain catgories of our "Good Til Cancelled" listings - mainly in the collectibles categories.  Starting this morning, 2/15/23, we started getting charged $1 on every listings.  We have over 2000 listings... so this is just a really sketchy situation.  We have bulk edited our store as soon as we humanly could, to remove this antiquated "feature", which isn't worth paying anything for.

I am in the same situation - was charged , too - fortunately for 1 listing only. I have 2.700 listings, so my total additional charge would be 4.300 CAD. I don't think this outdated feature is worth anything, and surely not 4.300 dollars. I will remove all that obsolete feature immediately from all my listings. Thank you for the advice! Now back to work - bulk edit!!!! 😉

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@arenaaccessories wrote:

I am in the same situation - was charged , too - fortunately for 1 listing only. I have 2.700 listings, so my total additional charge would be 4.300 CAD. I don't think this outdated feature is worth anything, and surely not 4.300 dollars. I will remove all that obsolete feature immediately from all my listings. Thank you for the advice! Now back to work - bulk edit!!!! 😉

The list of categories that are exempt from that charge is very short. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1676504479920.png

-Lotz

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I list in Antiques, so I am in that short list. Yet, I was charged ..... 🙄

To be sure it never happens again, I removed this feature from all my listings. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply